Large amounts of diesel

Old June 7th 05, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc
Budgie

Default Large amounts of diesel

Come on then - does anyone have any fuel consumption figures for the
following, solo and towing?

1995 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD Auto (or Shogun)
1996 Isuzu Bighorn 3.1D Auto (or Trooper)
1996 Nissan Mistral 2.7TD Auto (or Terrano/Maverick)

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old June 7th 05, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:27:39 GMT, "Budgie" wrote:

| Come on then - does anyone have any fuel consumption figures for the
| following, solo and towing?
|
| 1995 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD Auto (or Shogun)
| 1996 Isuzu Bighorn 3.1D Auto (or Trooper)
| 1996 Nissan Mistral 2.7TD Auto (or Terrano/Maverick)

Well I am well satisfied with my Skoda Fabia 1.9l TDI Estate, bags of power
to spare.
60mpg solo, 30mpg towing. Both at the appropriate speed limits.

Beat that ;-)

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Beware of anyone posting X-No-Archive yes,
Old June 7th 05, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc

Old June 7th 05, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc
Ken Fraser

| Come on then - does anyone have any fuel consumption figures for the
| following, solo and towing?
|
| 1995 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD Auto (or Shogun)
| 1996 Isuzu Bighorn 3.1D Auto (or Trooper)
| 1996 Nissan Mistral 2.7TD Auto (or Terrano/Maverick)

I can help with the Bighorn. I had a 1994 3.1td auto swb. Solo on trip
around 25-26. Towing - measured from Scottish Highlands to Northampton
sticking to speed limits - 15.5 mpg. Superbly stable, but just couldn't
afford to keep filling it up, plus servicing was expensive.
Sold and replaced with Vectra 2td which does a good job - 30mpg towing.
Hope this helps
Regards
Ken

Old June 7th 05, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc
Ken Fraser

Old June 7th 05, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc
Pete M

In ,
Ken Fraser decided to enlighten our sheltered
souls with a rant as follows
Come on then - does anyone have any fuel consumption figures for the
following, solo and towing?

1995 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD Auto (or Shogun)
1996 Isuzu Bighorn 3.1D Auto (or Trooper)
1996 Nissan Mistral 2.7TD Auto (or Terrano/Maverick)

I can help with the Bighorn. I had a 1994 3.1td auto swb. Solo on trip
around 25-26. Towing - measured from Scottish Highlands to Northampton
sticking to speed limits - 15.5 mpg. Superbly stable, but just
couldn't afford to keep filling it up, plus servicing was expensive.
Sold and replaced with Vectra 2td which does a good job - 30mpg
towing. Hope this helps

Nearest I can get is this

Range Rover 3.9 Vogue, Liverpool to Zakynthos (Greece), towing approx 4 tons
at approx 60 mph.
1400 miles, 140 gallons of fuel.
Do the maths :-S

--
Pete M

Mercedes 260E, Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2
Ford Capri (ressurection started)
VW Golf Clipper Cabriolet

COSOC #5
Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain

Old June 7th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.4x4,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.misc
Simon Hawthorne

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:27:39 GMT, "Budgie" wrote:

1995 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD Auto (or Shogun)

2.8 manual Shogun - 25 solo, 16 towing (1600kgs caravan)
2.5 Pajero Auto - 24 solo 15 towing (1400kgs)

Simon