Mull

Old June 11th 05, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

Default Mull

I posted a while ago, requesting info on Isle of Mull. I'm back and
can share the following with you all......

There are 3 "official" sites that take 'vans.

Craignure (Oban ferry terminal) I didn't visit, wife did, she didn't
like.

Fishnish (Lochaline ferry terminal) Exepensive, 15 per night. CC site
standards, very nice. Miles from anywhere.

Tobermory. Where we stayed. Small neat & tidy, 4 per person + 2 for
hookup. Recomended. You can eat out in Tobermory every night for a
week without visting the same place twice. 6 'van pitches, all hard
standing. Was full most of the half-term week we were there.

There were 'vans "wild camping" all over the place, seen on a lot of
campsites advertised for tents. In particular the crofter with land
adjacent to the beach at Uisken on the south coast of the Ross seems
to operate an unofficial caravan site, and that the campsite at
Killen, adjacent to the Iona ferry was very popular with campervans -
at least a dozen there - and four 'vans too.

90% of Mull's roads are singletrack, so caravan slalom skills come in
useful. 100% of the mnidges are man-eaters.

Cheers 'n' Beers
Old June 11th 05, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Nigel Crompton" nigel&[email protected] wrote in message
[...]

I'm safe from them then!

Thanks for that report, Nigel, I'll save it. If we ever go it will be good
to know of someone's real experiences rather than official guides.

Did you go to the Mull creamery?

Mary

Old June 11th 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:52:55 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Did you go to the Mull creamery?

Nope, not even the Tobermory distillery ... !
; (

Old June 11th 05, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

wrote:

Did you go to the Mull creamery?

Nope, not even the Tobermory distillery ... !
; (

Oh, distilleries are ten a penny up there. They're all much of a muchness.

I'd want to buy some of the fabulous Mull cheese - yes I know I can get it
on the mainland - and also go to Ardalanish Farm where Aenias and his lovely
wife rear Hebridean sheep and spin the wool. They're the main reason I want
to go to Mull ...

You've inspired me, thank you.

Mary

Old June 11th 05, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Guest

Tobermory. Where we stayed. Small neat & tidy, 4 per person + 2 for
hookup. Recomended. You can eat out in Tobermory every night for a
week without visting the same place twice. 6 'van pitches, all hard
standing. Was full most of the half-term week we were there.

** and Tobermory Malt Whisky is well worth drinking :-) A great place to
visit.

John Moore
www.cyberstitch.co.uk