Abbey fly screens and light getting through!

Old August 9th 03, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

Default Abbey fly screens and light getting through!

Hi

Having had the first outing in the Abbey Aventura I notice that an amount of
light gets through the bottom of the window flyscreen/blinds. Pulling both
blinds down improves the situation but there is no to reduce the light
escaping through the gap between the two blinds at the bottom.

The main pain is that we effectively sleep with out heads directly under one
window.

Is there anything that can be purchased to improve this other then stick an
old sock up it?

Regards,

Paul

Old August 9th 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark B

mmmm...........

I have a Europa 500 and have the same 'problem' but tend to think that being
woken up with the light is part of the whole camping experience...If I
wanted complete comfort and darkness in the morning I would book in to a
hotel or stay at home!

Having said that, I suppose that it would not be beyond the wit of the
manufactures to have a strip of rubber or something to close the gap. Of
course, you could always wear blackout eyepatches if the light really
bothers you.

The glare of the green light from the fridge switch when it is on mains
hookup is pretty scary too!

Happy camping!!!
"Susan Hassett" wrote in message

Paul Westwell wrote
Hi

Having had the first outing in the Abbey Aventura I notice that an

amount
of
light gets through the bottom of the window flyscreen/blinds. Pulling

both
blinds down improves the situation but there is no to reduce the light
escaping through the gap between the two blinds at the bottom.

The main pain is that we effectively sleep with out heads directly under

one
window.

Is there anything that can be purchased to improve this other then stick

an
old sock up it?

We have a Sterling Europa 520 and get the same problem, so it seems to be
pretty universal. I sometimes wonder if caravan designers ever actually

go
away in their handiwork.....

I've used a tea towel in the gap (hold tea towel lengthways across bottom

of
window / get accomplice to pull blind down / hopefully it stays in place).
Am currently considering a length of foam. I too would be interested to
hear of any other suggestions.

Susan

Old August 9th 03, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Susan Hassett

Mark B wrote
(snipped)

The glare of the green light from the fridge switch when it is on mains
hookup is pretty scary too!

Nooooo......I love that light! Shows me the way to the bathroom in the
night!

Susan

Old August 10th 03, 12:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
foreverArsenal

Paul Westwell wrote in message
: Hi
: Is there anything that can be purchased to improve this other then stick
an
: old sock up it?
:
: Regards,
:
: Paul
: Hi Paul
Been mentioned in the group before and one idea was a length of foam
sleeving as used to cover copper water pipes.

About 50p a length at diy,ready slit.Just slide onto bottom of blind at
night last thing.
:

--
Barry
If it ain't broke-don't fix it

/\ ~ /}
( ' o' )
( (,)

Old August 10th 03, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 10:55:46 +0100, "Paul Westwell"
wrote:

e Abbey Aventura I notice that an amount of
light gets through the bottom of the window flyscreen/blinds

I have exactly the same problem Paul...... with an Aventura 318

Simon

Old August 10th 03, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

I bought a length of foam for insulating pipes (grey in colour) and slit it
lengthwise in 3 pieces. One piece can easily be tucked up after blind has
been pulled down and cuts out virtually all the light.

Old August 12th 03, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Paul Westwell" wrote in message
Hi

Having had the first outing in the Abbey Aventura I notice that an amount

of
light gets through the bottom of the window flyscreen/blinds. Pulling both
blinds down improves the situation but there is no to reduce the light
escaping through the gap between the two blinds at the bottom.

The main pain is that we effectively sleep with out heads directly under

one
window.

Is there anything that can be purchased to improve this other then stick

an
old sock up it?

Regards,

Paul

I don't understand the problem.

And what's wrong with a new sock?

And what are you doing with socks in the caravan - apart from emergency use
of course?

Mary