Fridge update

Old June 12th 05, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terry Bull

Default Fridge update

Thanks for the suggestions so far...
It is an Electrolux 212F, 3 way fridge like that mentioned by WZ Boson
I've just rigged up a mains supply and within 15 mins the pipework across to
the cooler fins was quite hot, and after 30 mins the icebox was, well, Icy.
Despite being run on gas all afternoon there had been no heat coming up the
ammonia pipe, just the exhaust flue which is not too hot to touch!!, and
the aluminium plate outside which is stone cold... just a sniff of fumes is
all thats noticable.
This begs the question of just how big should the flame be on the burner..?
It lights easily- once air purged, but never rises more than a 1/4" from the
gauze whatever the setting 1-2 or 3 . As you adjust the knob very little
height adjustment is seen The flame size is less than that you find on a
normal house boiler pilot light . It is pure blue in colour, so burning
correctly, but I would expect that it should be quite a bit taller yes?
The gas pressure to the other appliances seems fine, and there doesn't
appear to be any way to adjust the flame height... It may just need the jet
cleaning perhaps? I'll happily strip and clean it if thats all it requires,
but following the "if it aint broke don't fix it" principal, didn't want to
tinker till I'd narrowed down the fault first.

It was 20 yrs ago that as a late teenager, gave up 'vanning with my parents,
so although I remember all the fun we had with the fridge then, I never saw
at close hand exactly how the thing performed, but it DID need inverting for
a few minutes after a days drive, presumably to dislodge an airlock, before
it would run. Back then we only used gas, not the 12V supply.

Cheers
Andrew