Free to view

Old August 9th 03, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
****

Default Free to view

Hi dose anybody use free to view as aposed to sky. in their van.

is the setup easy, compaired to sky??

is the reception better then anologe on sites

thank you alan

Old August 9th 03, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"****" wrote in message
Hi dose anybody use free to view as aposed to sky. in their van.

is the setup easy, compaired to sky??

is the reception better then anologe on sites

Take a look at Reception prodication at
http://www.wolfbane.com/articles/tvr.htm

A thing about digital is that not many of the relay transmitter sites do
digital.
A normal directional aerial will probably be required, that's what I used
rather than my Status.

Please reply to News Group.

Old August 11th 03, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Imber

Yes - one caveat though

If you use a Pace Twin do a full reset then pull the plug before it starts
tuning - else it won't tune into the new TX - do same on return.

Old August 12th 03, 02:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 11:45:04 +0100, "****" wrote:

| Hi dose anybody use free to view as aposed to sky. in their van.

Yes

| is the setup easy, compaired to sky??

You need a new directional aerial with amplifier and to point it in the
same direction as the rest of the aerials, then tweek direction for best
signal.

Set up when you have a signal is easy.

| is the reception better then anologe on sites

DTT Reception depends on where you are. In the countryside it is often
cr*p. I use analogue as backup if DTT fails.

Dave F