Best and Worst Caravans

Old August 6th 03, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
lornalunn

Default Best and Worst Caravans

Hi
I am looking for a new caravan. Could any one tell where I can find out
which make of caravan leaks, and which make depreciates the worst.

G. Lunn

Old August 13th 03, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
RPM

There are also caravans made from fiberglass. They will never leak but they
are very expensive as well.
The Hymer (eriba) has a complete different construction compared to a
fiberglass caravan but the framework will never be rotten indeed. Leakage is
possible as any other caravan.

Roland

"bill lord" schreef in bericht
news
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:48:12 +0100, "lornalunn"
wrote:

Hi
I am looking for a new caravan. Could any one tell where I can find

out
which make of caravan leaks, and which make depreciates the worst.

All caravans are likely to leak, rumour has it that the British ones
are worse than the German ones. The good news is that at least one
make of caravan is constructed so that any water ingress will be
minimal and that should it happen that there will be no rotten
framework as a result. Lowdhams Leisure World at Nottingham and at
Huddersfield ( tel 01484 642613 ) sell Hymer caravans which are made
with a different system from all the rest. There is no woodedn
framework inside the walls to transfer water and to rot. The walls in
the Hymer are built around an aluminium frame with aluminium outside
marine ply inside walls all bonded together with polyurethane foam.
This results in any water that does get through the seals being unable
to travel plus of course these materials are rot proof and water
proof.
I bought on last february and despite having a few simple niggles the
van is superb, both to use and to tow.
Depreciation I can not comment about, though for most caravans to
trade in seem to get a reasonable part ex value be it only against the
list price of a new one. The problem comes if you ever want to get rid
completely then I would imagine you take a fairly large cut in value.

(remove the spam to reply)