Newbe tow bar questions

Old August 9th 03, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ossey

Default Newbe tow bar questions

I would like to fit a detachable two bar to my wife's focus estate.

My questions are when detached does the electric plug still show. When the
bar is detached, does the appearance of the back of the car look like its
never had a tow bar?

thanks

Ian

Old August 9th 03, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
RADIOTWO

"ossey I would like to fit a detachable two bar to my wife's focus estate.

Why would you want to fit "TWO" bars to the one car !

Oh yes One on the front and on the back (good thinking)

Steve.

Old August 9th 03, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Rogers

"ossey" wrote in message
I would like to fit a detachable two bar to my wife's focus estate.

My questions are when detached does the electric plug still show. When the
bar is detached, does the appearance of the back of the car look like its
never had a tow bar?

thanks

Ian

I have had detachable tow hitches on quite a few cars. In all cases the
elecs were hidden away. On one car it was difficult to connect up as the tow
sockets stayed under the rear bumper. On my Lexus RX the two sockets were
hinged and sprung loaded so they moved up under the car, however, when
removing the hitch you had to put a blanking cap into the opening. Not bad
but it could be seen. My current tow car has the ultimate it's electrically
operated. See http://tinyurl.com/jhz0 I havent seen them on sale any where.
It was factory fitted.

Harry

Old August 10th 03, 07:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ossey

"Harry Rogers" wrote in message

"ossey" wrote in message
I would like to fit a detachable two bar to my wife's focus estate.

My questions are when detached does the electric plug still show. When

the
bar is detached, does the appearance of the back of the car look like

its
never had a tow bar?

thanks

Ian

..

I have had detachable tow hitches on quite a few cars. In all cases the
elecs were hidden away. On one car it was difficult to connect up as the

tow
sockets stayed under the rear bumper. On my Lexus RX the two sockets were
hinged and sprung loaded so they moved up under the car, however, when
removing the hitch you had to put a blanking cap into the opening. Not bad
but it could be seen. My current tow car has the ultimate it's

electrically
operated. See http://tinyurl.com/jhz0 I havent seen them on sale any

where.
It was factory fitted.

Harry

Wow that's a cool device. Thanks for your reply.

Ian