Traditional Boat Rally - a marvellous weekend in July at Henley.

Old June 14th 05, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Phillips

Default Traditional Boat Rally - a marvellous weekend in July at Henley.

AN EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED.
The 27th Thames Traditional Boat Rally at Henley-on-Thames, England

Excellent camping and caravanning beside the river with first rate
facilities!
(This meadow is an extremely popular site for caravan club rallies.)

The Rally takes place this year on 16th to 17th of July (Saturday and
Sunday) 2005 beside the River Thames at Fawley Meadows, Henley-on-Thames,
England. Maps are on the web site.

It is a glorious weekend of traditional boats and boating, and a massive
festival involving every conceivable type of vintage, classic and
traditional boat, of all shapes and sizes, plus vintage cars and bicycles.
Everyone is welcome - this is a spectator event as much as it is a
participant event for the boat owners. Thousands come every year to enjoy
it. The setting is perfect - Fawley Meadows on the banks of the River Thames
by the historic town of Henley-on-Thames. Come for Saturday, Sunday or both.
Bring a picnic! (We have ordered perfect weather!). We welcome overseas
visitors. Full data is on our Web site. www.tradboatrally.com

There is a huge 2-day boat jumble, a Craft Fair, chandlery, bankside
displays, boatbuilders' stands, Trad Jazz band, many food stands, Beer Tent
with a saturday night dance with live band, many amusements for the kids,
and much more. There are rides on the steamer "Windsor Belle", vintage and
classic car and vintage bicycle displays. There is a beautiful illuminated
parade on the river on Saturday night.

Come for a fantastic day out, or come for the whole weekend (excellent
camping facilities!). Bring a picnic or buy food at the Rally.

Many of the famous Dunkirk Little Ships will be there, and will perform a
sail-past on each day.

Visit the Rally's website at www.tradboatrally.com for full information.

On our Web site (www.tradboatrally.com) you will find many excellent PHOTO
GALLERIES of previous year's Rallies, so that you can see what it is all
about. Many Photo Galleries have been added since last year - this is one of
the largest photo collections on the Web.
Drop me an email if you want more info.

Mike Phillips (Rally Webmaster and Photographer)
East Grinstead, England
www.tradboatrally.com
(my email is on the site)

Old June 14th 05, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Mike Phillips" wrote in message
.. .
AN EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED.
The 27th Thames Traditional Boat Rally at Henley-on-Thames, England

Excellent camping and caravanning beside the river with first rate
facilities!
(This meadow is an extremely popular site for caravan club rallies.)

Visit the Rally's website at www.tradboatrally.com for full
information.

Very nice site, makes me want to go butI can't for family reasons.

Nice to see a picture of my old friend Des Pawson too. He's looking more and
more like Spouse as he grows up ...

Mary

Old June 18th 05, 05:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Abbey Spectrum

"Mike Phillips" wrote in message
.. .
AN EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED.
The 27th Thames Traditional Boat Rally at Henley-on-Thames, England

Excellent camping and caravanning beside the river with first rate
facilities!
(This meadow is an extremely popular site for caravan club rallies.)

Henley Royal Regatta who own the land have banned all caravan rallies from
the Fawley Meadows site. They don't need the income and local residents
don't like us and we play loud music with generators galore.

Old June 18th 05, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Abbey Spectrum" wrote in message

"Mike Phillips" wrote in message
.. .
AN EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED.
The 27th Thames Traditional Boat Rally at Henley-on-Thames, England

Excellent camping and caravanning beside the river with first rate
facilities!
(This meadow is an extremely popular site for caravan club rallies.)

Henley Royal Regatta who own the land have banned all caravan rallies from
the Fawley Meadows site. They don't need the income and local residents
don't like us and we play loud music with generators galore.

Well, I wonder why they don't like you?

Such behaviour is doing a lot of harm to the reputation of caravanners.

Old June 19th 05, 05:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Abbey Spectrum

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Abbey Spectrum" wrote in message

"Mike Phillips" wrote in message
.. .
AN EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED.
The 27th Thames Traditional Boat Rally at Henley-on-Thames, England

Excellent camping and caravanning beside the river with first rate
facilities!
(This meadow is an extremely popular site for caravan club rallies.)

Henley Royal Regatta who own the land have banned all caravan rallies
from the Fawley Meadows site. They don't need the income and local
residents don't like us and we play loud music with generators galore.

Well, I wonder why they don't like you?

Such behaviour is doing a lot of harm to the reputation of caravanners.

David

The nearest local resident, Mary, is 300 yards away and there is only one
and all the noise is made by the Upper Thames Rowing Club who have discos
going on until 2am which keeps US awake!
HRR got themselves into a bit of bother with the local council for having
rallies for more than 28 days of the year. Then they looked for scapegoats,
so innocent rallyers got the blame.

(I was a little sarcastic with my previous post)

Old June 19th 05, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

[...]

It didn't come across like that :-)

Mary