Caravan Paint

Old June 15th 05, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
petetop

Default Caravan Paint

Hi
We have purchased a caravan in need of sprucing up on the outside. Can
anyone tell us where to get paint for the job (east lincs area) if possible.
Is there a special paint, if not what sort to use. It is the older type of
caravan ( textured sides not smooth ).
Thanks
Pete

Old June 15th 05, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"petetop" wrote in message
Hi
We have purchased a caravan in need of sprucing up on the outside. Can
anyone tell us where to get paint for the job (east lincs area) if
possible. Is there a special paint, if not what sort to use. It is the
older type of caravan ( textured sides not smooth ).

I thought textured sides WERE the modern ones. Our 70s and our 60s 'vans
have smooth sides ... we still haven't done the outside. We don't look at
that, the inside is more important :-)

Mary

Thanks
Pete

Old June 15th 05, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff

"petetop" wrote in message
Hi
We have purchased a caravan in need of sprucing up on the outside. Can
anyone tell us where to get paint for the job (east lincs area) if
possible. Is there a special paint, if not what sort to use. It is the
older type of caravan ( textured sides not smooth ).
Thanks
Pete

Not that bothered about the outside as it has many bike scratches and awning
pole dents.
However when I bought the late 1980's ABI van a few years ago it had been
standing under some trees and there were some minor perforations due to sap
I think. After filling and rubbing down, Halfprds VW Alpine White aerosol
paint worked out to be a readily available match on the plain white front
and rear panels.

Geoff

Old June 16th 05, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barno

I have just gpot some paint for my caravan from Homebase, now don't laugh, I
have a Lunar which has got light green pebbledashed sides. It has some
perforations so I went everywhere trying to match the colour after removing
the lower door to use as a match, and non to be found, so in desparation
went to homebase to get some gloss paints to tint to the right colour. They
have a paint scanner and it came up with the correct colour match for the
door, bought it in a gloss tester and you cant tell where it has been
painted. Brill.

Old June 16th 05, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

I seem to recall it was said they were dimpled to make the sheet stronger.

Please reply to News Group.

Old June 16th 05, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 16th 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Barno" wrote in message
I have just gpot some paint for my caravan from Homebase, now don't laugh,
I have a Lunar which has got light green pebbledashed sides. It has some
perforations so I went everywhere trying to match the colour after removing
the lower door to use as a match, and non to be found, so in desparation
went to homebase to get some gloss paints to tint to the right colour. They
have a paint scanner and it came up with the correct colour match for the
door, bought it in a gloss tester and you cant tell where it has been
painted. Brill.

What a good idea!

It wouldn't matter to me but it's an excellent ruse, well done.

Mary