Triplelock Hitchlock problem

Old August 9th 03, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
George Hendry

Default Triplelock Hitchlock problem

Took the van out last weekend and had some difficulty releasing the lock
on the triplelock hitchlock.

The key goes in but will not turn or release the lock. A sharp tap with
a small hammer on the hitch will sometimes free it off.

I have degreased the lock and sprayed wit WD40 and this initially
released it but after about 15 minutes of standing it will not operate
again.

Currently the hitch is locked in place and I am unable to release it so
can't take it to a workshop.

Anyone any observations or ideas?

--
George Hendry
Old August 10th 03, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"George Hendry" wrote in message

Took the van out last weekend and had some difficulty releasing the lock
on the triplelock hitchlock.

The key goes in but will not turn or release the lock. A sharp tap with
a small hammer on the hitch will sometimes free it off.

I have degreased the lock and sprayed wit WD40 and this initially
released it but after about 15 minutes of standing it will not operate
again.

Currently the hitch is locked in place and I am unable to release it so
can't take it to a workshop.

Anyone any observations or ideas?

If this is one of those 'circular serrated keys' rather than a conventional
key it's probably grit that has got inside.

I applied a pressure washer jet with success,then gave it a squirt of WD40
and now keep a piece of adhesive tape over it as protection.

Cheers
Smiler

--
George Hendry