Unlucky?

Old August 9th 03, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

Default Unlucky?

Just been for a ride on the bike. Had a 4x4 towing a caravan on my tail. I
was following a car, keeping a respectable distance back. There is a long,
straight road for good mile, but the council in it's wisdom has made the
entire stretch 30mph. The driver behind me kept flashing his lights and
waving his arm, I assume to suggest I overtook the car which was travelling
at just under the 30. I just ignored him. He closed right up onto my tail
then swung out and passed me and the car in front at a great rate of knots,
giving us both the ****** sign as he passed.

Silly man. What I knew, being local, and he obviously didn't, was that the
car in front was our local unmarked police car, which immediately kicked his
siren on, shot in front of the van and pulled him into the next layby. I
couldn't resist waving as I went past.

Bill

Old August 9th 03, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Michael Haselhof

AAAAAHAA haa haa haa haa!, nice one! they're the kind that need addressing,
there are a few rotten apples around (even in caravanning) aren't there, and
you got one, one nil to you!! good one!

Old August 9th 03, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Rogers

then swung out and passed me and the car in front at a great rate of
knots,
giving us both the ****** sign as he passed.

Silly man. What I knew, being local, and he obviously didn't, was that

the
car in front was our local unmarked police car, which immediately kicked

his
siren on, shot in front of the van and pulled him into the next layby. I
couldn't resist waving as I went past.

Bill

.................................................. ....

Nice one Bill.

Harry

Old August 9th 03, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jerry

Nice one , like the pillock on the M74 who got irate cause I was only doing
65 to pass another outfit. When he went passed me at what must have been
nearly 80 with his outfit, his Mrs was giving me a load of verbals.Mind you
she wa sugly lol I'd be in a hurry to get that home and out of sight too.
lol

Old August 11th 03, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Michael Haselhof

What's that, "steady as a arock at 90"? more like steady as a arock lying at
a 90degree angle!!
"Eric Clarke" wrote in message
Was he the bloke we saw, same road, big Volvo and the caravan swaying all
over the place? I said to my wife I bet he's one of those bean-heads who
swear their unit is steady as a rock at 90.
Eric

Old August 12th 03, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jez Harper

"Eric Clarke" wrote in message
Was he the bloke we saw, same road, big Volvo and the caravan swaying all
over the place? I said to my wife I bet he's one of those bean-heads who
swear their unit is steady as a rock at 90.
Eric

snip

I think I am quite guilty of that, not at 90 (although I have accidentally
done 90 whilst not concentrating - scary). I was under the assumption that
my last outfit was solid as a rock at 80 (in France), it was not until I got
the Chevy Blazer that I realised what stable really meant, no wobble at all,
no drifting after overtaking lorries, if only it was comfortable

Cheers

Jez

Old August 12th 03, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Will Hay

giving us both the ****** sign as he passed.

Silly man. What I knew, being local, and he obviously didn't, was

that
the
car in front was our local unmarked police car, which immediately

kicked
his
siren on, shot in front of the van and pulled him into the next

layby.
couldn't resist waving as I went past.

Man, that re-affirms my belief in 'natural justice'!
I wish I'd been there!
Will