Is there a moderated caravan newsgroup?

Old June 19th 05, 05:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar \(2\)

Default Is there a moderated caravan newsgroup?

This newsgroup is great for useful and helpful information, when it can be
found, but it is often swamped with trivia (and worse). Is there a good
moderated group around?

Old June 19th 05, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Keith Dunbar (2)" wrote in message
This newsgroup is great for useful and helpful information, when it can be
found, but it is often swamped with trivia (and worse). Is there a good
moderated group around?

'Trivia' is subjective, it's easy to recognise the 'worse', highlight them
all and delete them without bothering to read them.

I've no idea if there's a moderted ng but I'm not shifting from this one,
there's too much interesting stuff from old friends.

Mary

Old June 19th 05, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 05:29:02 GMT, "Keith Dunbar \(2\)"
wrote:

| This newsgroup is great for useful and helpful information, when it can be
| found, but it is often swamped with trivia (and worse). Is there a good
| moderated group around?

No. If you want one RFD it as described in
IMO urc works quite well.

A killfile might make urc easier to read see sig.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Killfile and Anti Troll FAQs at
Old June 19th 05, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 19th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Keith Dunbar (2)" wrote in message
This newsgroup is great for useful and helpful information, when it can be
found, but it is often swamped with trivia (and worse). Is there a good
moderated group around?

Keith

I have contributed to this group for about 6/7 years and we seem to go
through phases when the 'funny people' seem to be in the ascendancy but they
soon get fed up and at least you have the option of the kill file. The
important thing is to concentrate of the best of this group rather than the
posts that don't interst you. Now there are lots of other forums out there
which you could try but most have a degree of trivia, that is the nature of
them.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old June 19th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

wrote:

| This newsgroup is great for useful and helpful information, when it can

be
| found, but it is often swamped with trivia (and worse). Is there a good
| moderated group around?

No. If you want one RFD it as described in
IMO urc works quite well.

A killfile might make urc easier to read see sig.

--

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I set up a killfile?

Pete

Old June 19th 05, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

Old June 19th 05, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:42:37 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 05:29:02 GMT, "Keith Dunbar \(2\)"
| wrote:
|
| | This newsgroup is great for useful and helpful information, when it can
| be
| | found, but it is often swamped with trivia (and worse). Is there a good
| | moderated group around?
|
| No. If you want one RFD it as described in
| IMO urc works quite well.
|
| A killfile might make urc easier to read see sig.
|
| --
|
| Excuse my ignorance, but how do I set up a killfile?

See sig