Portable Fridge / Cooler

Old June 19th 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Fergie

Default Portable Fridge / Cooler

Hi,

Anyone got any experience with a portable cooler / fridge ? The fridge in
rhe van is now too small for our needs and we could do with something
portable .. needs to hold the usual drinks etc.

regards

Graham

Old June 19th 05, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

"Fergie" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone got any experience with a portable cooler / fridge ? The fridge in
rhe van is now too small for our needs and we could do with something
portable .. needs to hold the usual drinks etc.

regards

Graham

My wife and I have been using an Igloo Kool Mate for years. It's superb, as
long as you remember to switch it on the night before you leave, so it's
cool by the time you set off

We've used it for camping in a tent, and taken it into hotel rooms. We even
took it to Florida twice!

It's been a godsend, and totally reliable. It's also saved us a fortune,
cos it's relatively cheap to buy soft drinks from a supermarket and stick
them in the cooler

Pete

Old June 20th 05, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Anyone got any experience with a portable cooler / fridge ? The fridge in
rhe van is now too small for our needs and we could do with something
portable .. needs to hold the usual drinks etc.

I've got a real dirt cheapie that I bought from a French Hypermarche a few
years ago for about 25 Euros. It is surprisingly competent. It's a good
size, too. Will take 2L bottles standing upright. It won't cool warm stuff
down quickly, but it keeps previously refrigerated stuff properly cold all
day.

Give it a few hours it and it will start to take the warm edge of a beer,
too, but I don't think it is really intended for this. It's rated at 48W.

Christian.

Old June 20th 05, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul King

Fergie wrote:
Hi,

Anyone got any experience with a portable cooler / fridge ? The
fridge in rhe van is now too small for our needs and we could do with
something portable .. needs to hold the usual drinks etc.

We use a CampinGaz 3-fuel portable 'fridge as an extra. We originally bought
it for camping, but now use it for 'vanning. Takes several 2L softdrinks
bottles/wine/beer etc.

Its main advantages are that it is absolutely silent (as opposed to
coolboxes which have an annoying fan which whirrs away all night!) and it
cools down rapidly. Its main disadvantage is its cost - 199.00!

Old June 21st 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:46:31 +0100, "Fergie"
wrote:

Hi,

Anyone got any experience with a portable cooler / fridge ? The fridge in
rhe van is now too small for our needs and we could do with something
portable .. needs to hold the usual drinks etc.

regards

Graham

We have a large one we brought in Lidl about 3 years ago, 70 complete
with a switchy PS. We use it in the awning & it copes really well even
with ambient temperature at 35C.

Lenny