Carver Water Pump

Old June 19th 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JSGJones

Default Carver Water Pump

My Lunar caravan came fitted with a Carver Crystal Maxi water pump (now
manufactured by Truma). It only lasted a season and we had to replace it
with a "Thames", we were assured that they were the same. On using the new
pump the flow was inadequate, the dealer agreed to change it for the Crystal
Maxi which was ordered specially. It only lasted again for 12 months, but as
we were told that it had a 2 yr guarantee, it was replaced.The blue water
pipe split and was repaired by shortening, but it has now failed again, it
makes a noise but does not pump adequately and causes disturbance in the
container.

I tried to replace it again, one dealer told me that he did not stock the
Crystal Maxi as they were unreliable, he recommended the Thames. Another
dealer stocked the Maxi, but at 39.95, with a note emphasising that it is
only guaranteed for 12 months!! My experience so far would suggest an
expensive 12 months!!

My queries a I) does anybody else have similar
problems?
ii) is the Crystal Maxi
equivalent to the Thames? What are the flow rates?
iii) is there a more reliable,
replacement submersible pump made by another manufacturer, I am quite happy
to change the
connector and connecting water pipe.

Any advice
gratefully received

JSGJ

Old June 20th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul King

JSGJones wrote:
[...]

Why not drop a line to the manufacturer and have a good old moan about your
troubles and concerns? Works wonders sometimes.

Old June 20th 05, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

Hello

I note that Towsure list a range of Whale and Reich & Bohler pumps that you
can use to replace just the pump unit on the end of your blue pipe.

Paul

Old June 22nd 05, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Colloff

The message
from "JSGJones" said:

iii) is there a more reliable,
replacement submersible pump made by another manufacturer,

FWIIW I have just had to replace my submersible Whale pump with a
similar model which I hope will last another 12 years like the old one.