Scarborough area

Old June 20th 05, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default Scarborough area

Thinking of perhaps heading for Scarborough for a week. Does anyone
recommend any particular site with full amenities, not necessarily evening
entertainment, and is the area worth visiting.
Liz

Old June 20th 05, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:58:54 +0100, "liz hall" "remove the spam"
wrote:

| and is the area worth visiting.

The *area* is definitely worth visiting. But do not stick to the town
itself, the best bits are IMO North and West in the North York Moors
National Park. Personally I am not keen on the town and seafront, so have
never camped there.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
http://www.webshots.com
Old June 20th 05, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 20th 05, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kate.tomlinson

wrote:

| and is the area worth visiting.

The *area* is definitely worth visiting. But do not stick to the town
itself, the best bits are IMO North and West in the North York Moors
National Park. Personally I am not keen on the town and seafront, so
have
never camped there.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
http://www.webshots.com
Thousands of wonderful professional photos for your Wallpaper and
Screensaver. also 200,000 amateur pics. Four new pics each day.

Try St Helens in the Park at Wykeham which is approx 6 miles inland from
Scarborough. Quiet site but very clean, good facilities and a nice pub just
down the road

Kate

Old June 20th 05, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kate.tomlinson

Old June 21st 05, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Bindon

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:15:00 GMT, "kate.tomlinson"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

| and is the area worth visiting.

The *area* is definitely worth visiting. But do not stick to the town
itself, the best bits are IMO North and West in the North York Moors
National Park. Personally I am not keen on the town and seafront, so
have
never camped there.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
http://www.webshots.com
Thousands of wonderful professional photos for your Wallpaper and
Screensaver. also 200,000 amateur pics. Four new pics each day.

Try St Helens in the Park at Wykeham which is approx 6 miles inland from
Scarborough. Quiet site but very clean, good facilities and a nice pub just
down the road

Kate

We stayed at St Helens in the Park about 4-5 years ago albeit in a
tent prior to getting the van. We also found it a very clean site
with good facilities. It's in a great position to get to the coast
and other attractions in the area being just off the A170 road into
Scarborough.

regards

Peter
Old June 21st 05, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Bindon

Old June 21st 05, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Thanks for your suggestions I will definitely try to get camped there.
Sounds ideal for us touring around.
Liz

Old June 21st 05, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Old June 21st 05, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mindwipe

"liz hall" "remove the spam" wrote in
message ...

http://www.flowerofmay.com/