Warwick racecourse site

Old June 20th 05, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Warwick racecourse site

Has anyone used the Caravan Club site at Warwick Racecourse recently?
If so, what did you think to it? We stayed there last week and found it
a very odd site in some respects, to say the least. I was wondering if
our experience was a one-off, or whether it's always like that.

Bill

Old June 20th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone used the Caravan Club site at Warwick Racecourse recently?
If so, what did you think to it? We stayed there last week and found it
a very odd site in some respects, to say the least. I was wondering if
our experience was a one-off, or whether it's always like that.

Bill

I have not yet been to this site but generally I have found racecourse sites
a bit odd. Od din the sense that the toilet facilities are not generally up
to the standard of normal Club sites and perhaps odd in that you may find
yourself on tarmac! Is this what you found?

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old June 21st 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

Default Racecourses. (was Warwick racecourse site)

By odd, do you mean unpleasant? We've just booked a week at Wincanton
Racecourse.

Has anyone been there?

Annie

I need to explain myself! In the Carvan Club network are quite a few
Racecourse campsites. My understanding is that the campsites are owned by
the racecourse not the Club. Therefore they don't get the same level of
investment as usual Club sites. Sometimes there are entrance and exit
restrictions on race days but these are well advertised in the Club site
book. Toilet facilities can vary a lot. Although always clean they often
have an old fashioned feel about them. Folkestone Race Course campsite only
has curtains on the showere, not doors - well in the mens they do!!!
Sometimes people find it strange that their pitch is on tarmac so nowhere
for an awning. However most racecourse sites have a mixture of grass and
hardstandings. The grass ones often afford lovely views over the
countryside. It is many years since we had been Wincanton and from memory we
found it a nice location and had a gras pitch along the rails. I am sure you
will like it.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old June 21st 05, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:23:08 +0100, "David Klyne"
wrote:

| By odd, do you mean unpleasant? We've just booked a week at Wincanton
| Racecourse.
|
| Has anyone been there?
|

| Annie
|
| I need to explain myself! In the Carvan Club network are quite a few
| Racecourse campsites.

I have camped on a few racecourse sites, but no longer use them. The do
not know what they want to be. They are just a way of making a bit more
money for the racecourse and that shows.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk http://www.webshots.com
Thousands of wonderful professional photos for your Wallpaper and
Old June 21st 05, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 21st 05, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:18:02 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

I have camped on a few racecourse sites, but no longer use them. The do
not know what they want to be. They are just a way of making a bit more
money for the racecourse and that shows.

I couldn't agree more.

(remove the spam to reply)