Men and motors program

Old August 9th 03, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Default Men and motors program

Hi

Watched the men and motors caravan program last night....

"If you buy a caravan from a private buyer look out for "aluminium cancer",
nearly all privately sold vans suffer from this, the water leaking into the
van will cause small blisters in the aluminiun skin of the van." Quote from
a fat van dealer.

Also, no mention of connecting the break away cable when you connect up the
van.

Had to agree that everyones first van was a Sprite though.

rehg

Old August 10th 03, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
paullin

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi

Watched the men and motors caravan program last night....

"If you buy a caravan from a private buyer look out for "aluminium

cancer",
nearly all privately sold vans suffer from this, the water leaking into

the
van will cause small blisters in the aluminiun skin of the van." Quote

from
a fat van dealer.

Also, no mention of connecting the break away cable when you connect up

the
van.

..

nice to finally see a programme about caravanning, tho could be more
thorough with info, but guess that may develop as the series progresses.

Had to agree that everyones first van was a Sprite though

agree with that, ours was a Sprite Musketeer.

Old August 10th 03, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve W...

.

nice to finally see a programme about caravanning, tho could be more
thorough with info, but guess that may develop as the series progresses.

Had to agree that everyones first van was a Sprite though

agree with that, ours was a Sprite Musketeer.

When is it broadcast ?
Steve...

Old August 10th 03, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"Steve" wrote in message
| Hi
|
| Had to agree that everyones first van was a Sprite though.

Sorry - ours was a Europa 390 with a door each side!

Budgie

---

Old August 10th 03, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jim D

"Steve" wrote in message
..

Had to agree that everyones first van was a Sprite though.

mine first one was an ace harmony

Old August 11th 03, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Lander

Watched the men and motors caravan program last night....
"If you buy a caravan from a private buyer look out for "aluminium cancer",
nearly all pri

SNIP
nnecting the break away cable when you connect up the
van.
Had to agree that everyones first van was a Sprite though.
rehg

Missed the programe. Did anyone tape it and would let me have a copy?

Pete
(Looking north towards the Crooked Spire)
http://www.mountainactivitysection.org.uk

Old August 11th 03, 04:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

"Budgie" wrote in message
"Steve" wrote in message
| Hi
|
| Had to agree that everyones first van was a Sprite though.

Sorry - ours was a Europa 390 with a door each side!

Budgie

---

And ours a Monza

Old August 12th 03, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Ours was an Elddis (Whirlwind) with gas lighting!!

Cheers, Peter.

"bowtiejim" wrote in message
:
: "Budgie" wrote in message
: ...
: "Steve" wrote in message
: ...
: | Hi
: |
: | Had to agree that everyones first van was a Sprite though.
:
: Sorry - ours was a Europa 390 with a door each side!
:
: Budgie
:
:
: ---
:
: And ours a Monza
:
:

Old August 12th 03, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul King

"Steve W..." wrote in message

snip

When is it broadcast ?
Steve...

Monday 19:30 Men & Motors

Paul

Old August 14th 03, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Funkyman

"AL" wrote in message

: Sorry - ours was a Europa 390 with a door each side!

Interesting, I have a 1991 Bessecarr 600GLX 23ft with a door on each side
and was wondering how rare it was?

I have seen loads of the same, but with just one door.

Dave