EHU on Caravan sites

Old June 20th 05, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

Default EHU on Caravan sites

Is it generally accepted that there are always electric hook ups and
chemical toilet disposal facilities unless a site says otherwise?

Old June 20th 05, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:44:57 +0100, "JB"
wrote:

Is it generally accepted that there are always electric hook ups and
chemical toilet disposal facilities unless a site says otherwise?

In general you can expect chemical waste disposal, fresh water and
ordinary household waste disposal facilities wherever you go, but
unless a site advertises itself as having electric hook up I would
assume not so it's always worthwhile asking.
If you go to a Caravan Club site ( not a CL ) then you will always
find that electric hook ups are available at 99% of pitches, it's
exceptional to find a none hook up pitch on these sites. If you go to
a Camping and Caravanning Club major site then there are usually
electric pitches available but there are generally many more pitches
on these sites than hookups.
CC cl's and CCC cs's generally do not have electric but there are an
increasing number which do and they always advertise the availability
in the handbook.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old June 21st 05, 06:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

| Is it generally accepted that there are always electric hook ups and
| chemical toilet disposal facilities unless a site says otherwise?

No! Always check what the CCC Big Sites Book says. BSB tries to list
everywhere the public can camp and only guarantees that the description
will be as accurate as a yearly inspection can make it.

I spent a night on a traditional field and a tap site last year.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk http://www.webshots.com
Thousands of wonderful professional photos for your Wallpaper and
Old June 21st 05, 06:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 21st 05, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

news
wrote:

| Is it generally accepted that there are always electric hook ups and
| chemical toilet disposal facilities unless a site says otherwise?

No! Always check what the CCC Big Sites Book says. BSB tries to list
everywhere the public can camp and only guarantees that the description
will be as accurate as a yearly inspection can make it.

I spent a night on a traditional field and a tap site last year.

Thanks for the heads up. I was surprised that a couple of sites didn't
mention one way or the other. One of them was CC so I guess I can kind of
assume it in that case. I'm not a member of the CCC so I don't have their
book (yet).

Old June 21st 05, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

Old June 21st 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:38:25 +0100, "JB"
wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| news | On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:44:57 +0100, "JB"
| wrote:
|
| | Is it generally accepted that there are always electric hook ups and
| | chemical toilet disposal facilities unless a site says otherwise?
|
| No! Always check what the CCC Big Sites Book says. BSB tries to list
| everywhere the public can camp and only guarantees that the description
| will be as accurate as a yearly inspection can make it.
|
| I spent a night on a traditional field and a tap site last year.
|

| Thanks for the heads up. I was surprised that a couple of sites didn't
| mention one way or the other. One of them was CC so I guess I can kind of
| assume it in that case. I'm not a member of the CCC so I don't have their
| book (yet).

IMO the BSB is worth the CCC subscription on its own, apart from not paying
site fees on CCC owned sites, which are always very good.

Old June 21st 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 21st 05, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:11:07 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

IMO the BSB is worth the CCC subscription on its own, apart from not paying
site fees on CCC owned sites, which are always very good.

My BSB sits at the back of the cupboard, I find the CC book much more
use, but as always this just shows that people have different
impressions of things. It's always worth investigating all options and
finding wwhat suits you as an individual.

(remove the spam to reply)