Desperate - can I park in Landale?

Old June 23rd 05, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gr1stone

Default Desperate - can I park in Landale?

I've been trying to get hold of the Chapel Stile campsite in Landale,
Cumbria for days - no aswer on the phone, and I'm going there tomorrow:

Chapel Stile Campsite
Bayesbrown Farm
Great Langdale
Ambleside
Cumbria

Does anyone know if they definately accept touring vans? I believe
it's mainly a tent site...

Please reply ASAP -

Old June 23rd 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"gr1stone" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've been trying to get hold of the Chapel Stile campsite in Landale,
Cumbria for days - no aswer on the phone, and I'm going there tomorrow:

Chapel Stile Campsite
Bayesbrown Farm
Great Langdale
Ambleside
Cumbria

Does anyone know if they definately accept touring vans? I believe
it's mainly a tent site...

Please reply ASAP -

Do not know the answer to your particular question. But I assume it is in a
National Park so be very carefull, N.P,s seem to very keen on thier rules to
keep caravans to a minimum. If you do get confirmation it has a caravan
liecence as it is not yet the school holidays you might well find they have
a vaccancy.

Please reply to News Group.

Old June 30th 05, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gr1stone

Hi David - thanks for the reply.
For the record I went there last weekend.
They do accept caravans, though the long access road is quite narrow in
places, with steep rocky banking, so you need to be very careful. BTW,
I had no problems with a RAV4 + Bailey Monarch.
It's a very basic but extremely beautiful site, with an open aspect and
stunning views across Langdale valley to the 'pikes'. Very basic
facilities at the moment, but the owners are building a new
toilet/shower block.
No mains hookup.
Recommended!

CU