Electric hook up availability

Old June 23rd 05, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Cliff Top

Default Electric hook up availability

I'm just returning to caravanning after a long break..

Whats the position re electric hook ups now ?.... I gather it changed a
couple of years ago when they were stopped from 'Reselling ' electricity.

I have 2 good batteries & an inverter, so don't really need the hook up for
the short holidays I have planned.

Do you still pay the same site fee whether you are on a pitch (assuming the
site has hook-ups) with/without electric? Or do some give a 'discount'?

I presume sites have just put pitch prices up to compensate yes?

regards

Andrew

Old June 23rd 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Cliff Top" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I'm just returning to caravanning after a long break..

Whats the position re electric hook ups now ?.... I gather it changed a
couple of years ago when they were stopped from 'Reselling ' electricity.

I have 2 good batteries & an inverter, so don't really need the hook up

for
the short holidays I have planned.

Do you still pay the same site fee whether you are on a pitch (assuming

the
site has hook-ups) with/without electric? Or do some give a 'discount'?

I presume sites have just put pitch prices up to compensate yes?

To me it seems you are asked to pay 2-50 per night extra if you use the
hook up.

Please reply to News Group.

Old June 23rd 05, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:42:05 +0100, "Cliff Top"
wrote:

| I'm just returning to caravanning after a long break..
|
| Whats the position re electric hook ups now ?.... I gather it changed a
| couple of years ago when they were stopped from 'Reselling ' electricity.
|
| I have 2 good batteries & an inverter, so don't really need the hook up for
| the short holidays I have planned.
|
| Do you still pay the same site fee whether you are on a pitch (assuming the
| site has hook-ups) with/without electric? Or do some give a 'discount'?
|
| I presume sites have just put pitch prices up to compensate yes?

It all depends on the site, and the owner
CCC http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ have three types of pitch
the Club Standard pitch has neither hook up nor hard standing. That way
they can argue that the extra charge is not only for electricity.

Tents do not usually need a hook up, so sites which take tents often have
no hookup prices. The regulations are stupid, so the number of ways
round the problem are legion.

I was on a small site where the owner said. The price is 8GBP a night,
but if you go down the other end where there are no hook ups, we will
charge 6GBP

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk http://www.webshots.com
Thousands of wonderful professional photos for your Wallpaper and
Old June 23rd 05, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 23rd 05, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Cliff Top" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I'm just returning to caravanning after a long break..

Whats the position re electric hook ups now ?.... I gather it changed a
couple of years ago when they were stopped from 'Reselling ' electricity.

I have 2 good batteries & an inverter, so don't really need the hook up
for
the short holidays I have planned.

Do you still pay the same site fee whether you are on a pitch (assuming
the
site has hook-ups) with/without electric? Or do some give a 'discount'?

I presume sites have just put pitch prices up to compensate yes?

regards

Andrew

The CC have a very nice site in Mildenhall (Suffolk) with about 150 pitches
about half have electric hook-up. The pitch fee (much to my amazement) was
the same for all pitches. I had a pitch for a long weekend without electric
hook-up (only ones available) and felt a bit cheated by this bizarre
situation.

Richard

Old June 23rd 05, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

news:[email protected]

Old June 23rd 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Richard" wrote in message

The CC have a very nice site in Mildenhall (Suffolk) with about 150

pitches
about half have electric hook-up. The pitch fee (much to my amazement) was
the same for all pitches. I had a pitch for a long weekend without

electric
hook-up (only ones available) and felt a bit cheated by this bizarre
situation.

I would not have accepted that.

Please reply to News Group.

Old June 23rd 05, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"David" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote in
message

The CC have a very nice site in Mildenhall (Suffolk) with about 150

pitches
about half have electric hook-up. The pitch fee (much to my amazement)
was
the same for all pitches. I had a pitch for a long weekend without

electric
hook-up (only ones available) and felt a bit cheated by this bizarre
situation.

I would not have accepted that.

I did question the reasoning behind the policy but didn't get a very
satisfactory answer. I think paying for hook-up whether you use it or not is
bad enough but to have to pay for it when it isn't even provided seems even
more stupid.

I would like to know how this position 'sits' in this whole 're-selling' of
electricity issue. The CC must be sure it is a bona-fide policy surely.

Richard