Thetford toilet flush - black bits!

Old June 24th 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

Default Thetford toilet flush - black bits!

Hi all,

Did this problem ever get resolved where the Thetford pink toilet rinse was
cause black bits of fester to develop in the toilet rinse tank?

I thought I heard some time back Thetford were changing their "recipe" but
the bottles in the shops still look the same to me?

Regards,

Paul

Old June 24th 05, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Saunders

I don't know if Thetford have solved this problem but I bought the twin pack
Elsan, only because it is alot cheaper and I haven't had this problem since
changing.

Old June 24th 05, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

Thanks Paul, looks like I'll do the same then as not only did it mess up the
old caravan its doing the same in the new one which is only a couple of
years old now.

Old June 24th 05, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Lunn

In article ,
says...
Hi all,

Did this problem ever get resolved where the Thetford pink toilet rinse was
cause black bits of fester to develop in the toilet rinse tank?

I thought I heard some time back Thetford were changing their "recipe" but
the bottles in the shops still look the same to me?

Regards,

Paul

I've never had the problem myself, but this is what the product that
they came up with to clean out the top tank and get rid of it.

http://www.thetford-
europe.com/the/thomecon.nsf/web/toilet_water_tank_cleaner_en

At an Earls Court show, some time ago, I spoke to a guy on the Thetford
stand about the problem. He said that one of the best ways to avoid the
problem was to to drain the top tank when the caravan's not in use.

Graham

Old June 24th 05, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:00:38 +0100, Graham Lunn
wrote:

| In article ,
| says...
| Hi all,
|
| Did this problem ever get resolved where the Thetford pink toilet rinse was
| cause black bits of fester to develop in the toilet rinse tank?
|
| I thought I heard some time back Thetford were changing their "recipe" but
| the bottles in the shops still look the same to me?
|
| Regards,
|
| Paul
|

| I've never had the problem myself, but this is what the product that
| they came up with to clean out the top tank and get rid of it.

http://www.thetford-
| europe.com/the/thomecon.nsf/web/toilet_water_tank_cleaner_en
|
| At an Earls Court show, some time ago, I spoke to a guy on the Thetford
| stand about the problem. He said that one of the best ways to avoid the
| problem was to to drain the top tank when the caravan's not in use.

Puriclean worked OK for me, but it has to touch all bits of the tank and
pump.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk http://www.webshots.com
Thousands of wonderful professional photos for your Wallpaper and
Old June 24th 05, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 24th 05, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar \(2\)

I had this problem worst when, taken in by the "hygiene" blurb, I put the
Thetford rinse stuff in the tank. Before that I'd always used plain water.

I've used "Milton" type sterilising fluid to clear the slight remaining
problem - presumably much the same as Puriclean.

I'd seen the Elsan twin pack mentioned in a previous post, but didn't find
it in my local, very small, accessory shop. I've taken to using the
Thetford sachets - more expensive I know, but much easier than messing
around with that ghastly blue liquid!

Keith