TV abroad

Old August 10th 03, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default TV abroad

"Mark B" wrote in message
I am in Holland at the moment with a UK TV on a site with cable hookup.

In my previous response I assumed you meant aerial hook up.

If you really meant Cable as in the Uk you are provided with a Cable
digital box then connect to Tv with a scart lead.

Please reply to News Group.

Old August 10th 03, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark B

Thanks for all the replys. They haven't provided me with a digibox as such,
but a cable feed which is on the electric hookup post.

Would getting a cheap TV with scart solve the problem I am having, or do I
really need to get a multistandard TV?

Old August 10th 03, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Nigel" wrote in message

(or try a hypermarket on your
holidays). We've got a Thomson 14MK16UT 14" that works off 12v as well as
the mains. Works throughout western & eastern Europe - multistandard
PAL/SECAM - full teletext + scart socket to plug in whatever.

Would think better prices for Tv's in Europe.

Please reply to News Group.

Old August 10th 03, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Des

Could it have been Mark B who typed:

:: Thanks for all the replys. They haven't provided me with a digibox
:: as such, but a cable feed which is on the electric hookup post.
::
:: Would getting a cheap TV with scart solve the problem I am having,
:: or do I really need to get a multistandard TV?

A lot of TV's if you go into the setup menu it has a setting for UK standard
etc, we have 2 grundigs one 7yrs and one 3 yrs old and both of these have it
in the menu

Most manuacturers probably since the 90's don't make a TV just for the UK it
will be the same TV for all the PAL areas and you change the country from
the menu.

Des

---

Old August 10th 03, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terry

David wrote:

Would think better prices for Tv's in Europe.

Why "better/lower prices in Europe"? Curious about that. Terry in
Canada.