Site near south coast beach

« - | - »

Old June 27th 05, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
michael musgrave

Default Site near south coast beach

Hi, I live in Berkshire, I want to stay on a site that is close to the sea
(the closer the better). I once was at a site and you walked over a shingle
bank and there was the sea. There was also a marina within walking
distance - the problem is, I can't remember where it was. I want to let my
father stay in my tourer, and as he cannot drive and likes his sea fishing,
I thought that this forum may help. Any comments most welcome cheers
Michael.

Old June 27th 05, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stumo

Pentewan Sands in Cornwall is literally next to the beach with a short walk
to a little village which has a small marina.

Old June 27th 05, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
michael musgrave

Thanks Stumo, I have visited Pentewan every year for the past 17 years. I
just wanted something a little closer to Berkshire, so I can leave him with
the caravan and his rods (as he cannot drive). I think that the area in
question is between Poole and Milford on Sea. Any Ideas?

Old June 28th 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:29:50 +0100, "michael musgrave"
wrote:

Hi, I live in Berkshire, I want to stay on a site that is close to the sea
(the closer the better). I once was at a site and you walked over a shingle
bank and there was the sea. There was also a marina within walking
distance - the problem is, I can't remember where it was. I want to let my
father stay in my tourer, and as he cannot drive and likes his sea fishing,
I thought that this forum may help. Any comments most welcome cheers
Michael.

The CC&C site at Norman,s, East Sussex & there are several sites at
nearby Pevensy. Eastbourn marina is couple of miles away.

Lenny

Old June 29th 05, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Fred

wrote:

Hi, I live in Berkshire, I want to stay on a site that is close to the sea
(the closer the better). I once was at a site and you walked over a
shingle
bank and there was the sea. There was also a marina within walking
distance - the problem is, I can't remember where it was. I want to let my
father stay in my tourer, and as he cannot drive and likes his sea
fishing,
I thought that this forum may help. Any comments most welcome cheers
Michael.

The CC&C site at Norman,s, East Sussex & there are several sites at
nearby Pevensy. Eastbourn marina is couple of miles away.

Lenny

What about Freshwater at West Bay - stayed there years ago, shingle bank
with good sea fishing off the beach

Fred

Old July 2nd 05, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

Are you thinking of Southsea leisure Park, (
http://www.southsealeisurepark.com/ ), this covers all your requirements,
but watch out for the nudist beach!!

I expect it is a bit busy at the moment while we finish off the French, (or
is it the reds?!!).

« - | - »