Tar on the front of caravan?

Old June 29th 05, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Holmes

Default Tar on the front of caravan?

I must have driven through an area where the road was being
resurfaced, and now the front of the van is covered in spots
of hardened tar.

How the devil can I get rid of it?

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Old June 29th 05, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

I must have driven through an area where the road was being
resurfaced, and now the front of the van is covered in spots
of hardened tar.

How the devil can I get rid of it?

Car accessory shops sell products to remove tar from car paint

Please reply to News Group.

Old June 29th 05, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil Cairns

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:43:40 +0100, "Andy R"
wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

I must have driven through an area where the road was being
resurfaced, and now the front of the van is covered in spots
of hardened tar.

How the devil can I get rid of it?

Petrol

But don't smoke while you are doing it.
Rgds

Andy R

Old June 29th 05, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Andy R" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

snip

How the devil can I get rid of it?

Petrol

Rgds

Andy R

As Andy says, petrol was always the recommendation for removing tar deposits
from cars. If you haven't got a supply handy, try white spirit.

I would recommend a quick wash over afterwards (the 'van that is ;-) )

Bob

Old June 30th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ALB

WD40 is the best thing - spray it on and watch the rivers of runny black tar
form. Then a quick rinse with car wash and sponge. Easy!

I had a *white* smart car (plastic front, sides, and back) and it was always
getting tar spots. This was my solution.

Rgds