Which gas supplier?

Old June 30th 05, 02:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon

Default Which gas supplier?

There is a Flogas depot near to where I live and I'm considering using it in
preference to Calor. Does anyone have any opinions as to it's use the
workers at the site seem to be very obliging. I do realise that there are
not as many outlets as there are Calor.

Jon

Old June 30th 05, 06:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 03:28:11 +0100, "jon"
wrote:

| There is a Flogas depot near to where I live and I'm considering using it in
| preference to Calor. Does anyone have any opinions as to it's use the
| workers at the site seem to be very obliging. I do realise that there are
| not as many outlets as there are Calor.

I have a sig about that below.

Why not a big Flogas to use and a small Calor for emergencies when the
Flogas runs out. Must be propane because the connectors are the same.
Butane connectors differ which is a pain.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Which brand LPG? Camping gas,
costs earth, available all Europe. Calor gas expensive, widely available

Old June 30th 05, 06:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old June 30th 05, 06:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"jon" wrote in message
There is a Flogas depot near to where I live and I'm considering using it

in
preference to Calor. Does anyone have any opinions as to it's use the
workers at the site seem to be very obliging. I do realise that there are
not as many outlets as there are Calor.

Look at thier web site for agents and the sizes the particular agent stocks.
I have been useing Flogas for 3 years, my local supplier sells me it a
couple of pounds cheaper than Calor refills. (I was not charged for my 2
bottles, believe there might be a small charge now).
But watch out unlike Calor Flogas do not set a Retail price and you can be
charged a couple of pounds more than Calor when in a strange area.

Please reply to News Group.

Old June 30th 05, 07:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John East

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes
wrote:

| There is a Flogas depot near to where I live and I'm considering using it in
| preference to Calor. Does anyone have any opinions as to it's use the
| workers at the site seem to be very obliging. I do realise that there are
| not as many outlets as there are Calor.

I have a sig about that below.

Why not a big Flogas to use and a small Calor for emergencies when the
Flogas runs out. Must be propane because the connectors are the same.
Butane connectors differ which is a pain.

Having managed to find a Flogas supplier in Keswick after a search I
discovered that the cylinder is now yellow rather than blue. This is
also the case at my local petrol station. It is still butane.

Also the standard regulator is now 21mm fitting rather than something a
bit smaller (?19mm). Fortunately I have both.

The chap at Keswick also talked about takeovers in the gas industry but
didnt make it clear. Flogas certainly seems much more widely available
recently in my area (Lincoln)

Can anyone tell me just what is happening?
--
John East
Old June 30th 05, 07:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John East

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes

Old June 30th 05, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Why not a big Flogas to use and a small Calor for emergencies when the
Flogas runs out. Must be propane because the connectors are the same.
Butane connectors differ which is a pain.

Having managed to find a Flogas supplier in Keswick after a search I
discovered that the cylinder is now yellow rather than blue. This is
also the case at my local petrol station. It is still butane.

Also the standard regulator is now 21mm fitting rather than something a
bit smaller (?19mm). Fortunately I have both.

The chap at Keswick also talked about takeovers in the gas industry but
didnt make it clear. Flogas certainly seems much more widely available
recently in my area (Lincoln)

As far as I'm aware Flogas is the same color wise as other makes, blue
butane amd red propane.
I use propane and the conections are allways the same.
Do not know what yellow is, have you been sold a 'special' ?
(Like the green for BBQs.)

The firm Flogas seem to be takeing over the small failing gas suppliers. But
as I said earlier becarefull thier agents do not appear to be firmly
controlled as Calor are.

Please reply to News Group.

Old June 30th 05, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 3rd 05, 01:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ROBIN DUMPLETON

If you want to see the list of companies swallowed up by the big boys there
is a spread sheet on the lpga web site called who owns who, quite
interesting reading, for gas nerds ;-(
Can't say that I have heard about Calor being cheaper than Flogas, in any
area, they are usually the same or within a few pence, but check the nett
contents, Calor still have some 15Kgs floating about. Flogas have both 20
and 21mm valves on the butane, 27mm is reserved for propane now, called
patio gas just to confuse the stupid into paying extra.The German "Muller"
valve has about bitten the dust for butane, but is standard in the Irish
Republic for Propane, mixed gas in France and Germany still. (30mB debate
rumbles on). To confuse further the small Propane in ireland has a 21mm
connector and the butane has the 35mm "jumbo valve"

Robin