Buying abroad

Old June 30th 05, 05:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jim.johnson

Default Buying abroad

I posted the following on uk.rec.motorcaravans, but have had no response.
Has anyone on this site considered buying or has done so a motorcaravan from
abroad.

Regards and thanks Jim

Has anyone bought a new motorhome from abroad and imported it into the UK
and if so, what have been their experiences? Is there a price advantage?

Many thanks for any help and advice

Jim

Old June 30th 05, 06:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Fred

"jim.johnson" wrote in message
I posted the following on uk.rec.motorcaravans, but have had no response.
Has anyone on this site considered buying or has done so a motorcaravan
from abroad.

Regards and thanks Jim

Has anyone bought a new motorhome from abroad and imported it into the UK
and if so, what have been their experiences? Is there a price advantage?

Many thanks for any help and advice

Jim

I bought my caravan from Germany, saved a packet, obvious problem with a
Motorcaravan is that it would be Left hand drive. If that's not a problem
Holland seems the place to go for a second hand one. Germany probably for a
new one

Fred

Old June 30th 05, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frosty

Have a look at http://www.motorhome-list.org.uk/importing.htm

Found it when considering the same thing myself.

--
Best Regards,
Bill Frost.