Motor Movers

Old June 30th 05, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
puffernutter

Default Motor Movers

Maybe a daft question - we'll see!

I have just returned to touring after a brief spell with a static.

I have recently bought a second hand Eurotech motor-mover. This was
for the following reasons:

The new (to me) van (Avondale Dart 515-4) is longer and heavier that I
previously owned;
I have restricted space to manoeuvre it in; and finally
I also have less children at home to help move the van.

Therefore the cost of a secondhand motor mover seemed to easily
outweigh the potential cost of damage (and policy excess!) to the
caravan when moving around my confined garage area.

These are not cheap (certainly not new), so what do other caravanners
do with them when they have completed their manoeuvering? Do you leave
it on the A frame, remove it, secure it to the A frame (or something
else!)?

Do these get stolen, I'm just nervous about leaving this at the front
of the van as all you have to do is release the clamp and they're away
with it!

Cheers

Peter

Old June 30th 05, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"puffernutter" wrote in message
ups.com...

These are not cheap (certainly not new), so what do other caravanners
do with them when they have completed their manoeuvering? Do you leave
it on the A frame, remove it, secure it to the A frame (or something
else!)?

Do these get stolen, I'm just nervous about leaving this at the front
of the van as all you have to do is release the clamp and they're away
with it!

I had one prior to upgradeing to a fixed Reich motor mover, think you will
do the same in due course, most people do. The type you have are very
usefull but have limitations.
I used to take mine off and place in garage. By the way once my normal
jockey wheel was stolen from my home storage.
When useing mine I found its wheel slipped so I used to put the battery on
the A frame to provide weight downwards.

Please reply to News Group.