Alko spare wheel carrier

Old July 1st 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default Alko spare wheel carrier

Has anyone fitted one of these to the back of their caravan to alleviate
weight from the front locker, we find our caravan nose weight difficult to
keep down with spare wheel and two gat bottles in there. Alko on their
website did not give any prices.
Liz

Old July 2nd 05, 06:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

I did not fit an alko one however I did fit the cheaper universal one last
year b4 going th France
http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?s=wheel+carrier (2nd one down) had it
ripped off by one of those metal plates that you bolt a gate to to keep it
on place on the exit to a site. When I fitted it it looked low but could not
be adjusted. I have toyed with the idea of an alko they do look better ( and
closer to the caravan floor) but would not recommed this model

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old July 2nd 05, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

I thought of that one. I see the new Alko one is left or right fitting, we
were hoping to get one that is accessed from the back as the van as there
seems a bit more room there.
Liz