Twin axles in France

Old July 4th 05, 07:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

Default Twin axles in France

Is there really much problem with siting a twin-axled caravan in France?

Thinking of buying one to use for extended periods house-hunting etc in and
out of the season next year. Over the years I've seen quite a few signs on
'municipales' saying that they don't accept this type of van, but never
really taken much notice with our single axle model.

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old July 4th 05, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr W Z Boson

Budgie wrote:
Is there really much problem with siting a twin-axled caravan in France?

Thinking of buying one to use for extended periods house-hunting etc in and
out of the season next year. Over the years I've seen quite a few signs on
'municipales' saying that they don't accept this type of van, but never
really taken much notice with our single axle model.

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Caravan Club says ...

"Recent visitors report that bona fide caravanners with twin axle
caravans may be allowed entry, but this is negotiable with the warden
at the time of arrival"

... I would have thought there wouldn't be a problem with commercial
sites - but possibly some difficulties with those municipals which are
only staffed at certain tines.

Old July 4th 05, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Thinking of buying one to use for extended periods house-hunting etc in
and
out of the season next year. Over the years I've seen quite a few signs on
'municipales' saying that they don't accept this type of van, but never
really taken much notice with our single axle model.

The signs are there so that if you turn up with 10 feral kids, 2 dogs and a
manky caravan, they can shrug their shoulders and point at the sign. If you
turn up in a spotless model, pulled by a nice motor, with your Stepford wife
and 2 spotless, gleaming children with recently coiffured hair-dos, the sign
is quietly ignored. The same happens in the UK.

Christian.

Old July 4th 05, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Howard

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Thinking of buying one to use for extended periods house-hunting etc in

and
out of the season next year. Over the years I've seen quite a few signs
on
'municipales' saying that they don't accept this type of van, but never
really taken much notice with our single axle model.

When I last was at the Camping Municipal in Bayeux with a large single axle
caravan the clerk left the office to check it was not a twin.

There is a sign outside saying no twin axles.

Henry

Old July 4th 05, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message

If you turn up in a spotless model, pulled by a nice motor, with your

Stepford wife
with recently coiffured hair-dos,

We must have met!

LOL

Old July 5th 05, 04:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jim.johnson

"Budgie" wrote in message
Is there really much problem with siting a twin-axled caravan in France?

Thinking of buying one to use for extended periods house-hunting etc in
and
out of the season next year. Over the years I've seen quite a few signs on
'municipales' saying that they don't accept this type of van, but never
really taken much notice with our single axle model.

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

I have had no problems with twin axles at French or English sites despite
five young children, clean, but still kids, at either commercial or
municipal sites.

Jim