Fan Assisted Fridge

Old July 4th 05, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JSGJones

Default Fan Assisted Fridge

Sorry to bring up subject again..... I have read posts about adding 12 volt
computer fans to inside of fridge vent to assist cooling when touring
abroad. I am interested in this adaptation but not being terribly technical
I have not found enough detail in old posts even using Google search. Would
someone be kind enough to post an "Idiot's guide" for this project that
would enable me to do the work before this years holiday?? Many
thanks for any help offered.

JSGJ

Old July 4th 05, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mvecd

I've just done this mod, took me about 15 mins.
I fastened 2 computer fans to the top vent and run the wires to a 12
volt supply via a 1amp fuse. Thats all there is too it. You can use a
thermometer aswell to switch the fans on and off as needed, but I'm
going to Spain for 7 weeks shortly and the fans will be running all the
time whilst over there. I dont think there needed that much in this
country, so after this years hols I'll remove the fuse till next year.
Not really an idiots guide, but its a very straight forward mod to do.

Old July 4th 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:33:04 +0100, "JSGJones"
wrote:

Sorry to bring up subject again..... I have read posts about adding 12 volt
computer fans to inside of fridge vent to assist cooling when touring
abroad. I am interested in this adaptation but not being terribly technical
I have not found enough detail in old posts even using Google search. Would
someone be kind enough to post an "Idiot's guide" for this project that
would enable me to do the work before this years holiday?? Many
thanks for any help offered.

There is a full description in the FAQ section of my Caravanning Now
website at http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/caravanning/fagffan.htm created
by Mike Sansom.

Hope it's of some help to you.

Richard
(ROT13 to e-mail me directly). See
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk for most things to do with caravanning.
--
As a first year student he amazed his seniors by pushing back the
narrow boundaries of ignorance to reveal the wide, rolling vistas of