First timer

Old July 4th 05, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jo :o\)

Default First timer

Hi we've just got a caravan(bought second hand) and I was wondering is there
is anything on the market or if anyonr has any suggestions, we have a 16
month old and I'm not sure about sleeping arrangements for him, there are
bunk beds, I'd put him in the bottom one obviously but there is still a
drop, he is still in a cot at home, does anyone know of a solution? or could
give me any advice??

Thanks in advance..............

Jo)

Old July 4th 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy_R

"Jo )" wrote in message
Hi we've just got a caravan(bought second hand) and I was wondering is
there is anything on the market or if anyonr has any suggestions, we have
a 16 month old and I'm not sure about sleeping arrangements for him, there
are bunk beds, I'd put him in the bottom one obviously but there is still
a drop, he is still in a cot at home, does anyone know of a solution? or
could give me any advice??

Try Argos part no 375/7501, looks like it'll do the job and as the net goes
right down to the bed base no danger of heads getting stuck under it. We
used something similar for our kids in the same situation.

Rgds

Andy R

Old July 4th 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Jo )" wrote in message
Hi we've just got a caravan(bought second hand) and I was wondering is
there is anything on the market or if anyonr has any suggestions, we have
a 16 month old and I'm not sure about sleeping arrangements for him, there
are bunk beds, I'd put him in the bottom one obviously but there is still
a drop, he is still in a cot at home, does anyone know of a solution? or
could give me any advice??

I think that he'll not be in danger of falling but you'll be in danger of
him climbing out and bothering you!

He has to go into a bed sometime ...

I hope you all enjoy caravanning!

Mary

Old July 4th 05, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

"Jo )" wrote in message
Hi we've just got a caravan(bought second hand) and I was wondering is
there is anything on the market or if anyonr has any suggestions, we have
a 16 month old and I'm not sure about sleeping arrangements for him, there
are bunk beds, I'd put him in the bottom one obviously but there is still
a drop, he is still in a cot at home, does anyone know of a solution? or
could give me any advice??

Thanks in advance..............

Jo)

Argos (amongst others) do a Tomy folding bed rail
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...ckfrom=imag e
or the same thing on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&rd=1&tc=photo

there are probably other similar ideas on the market. Or possibly a travel
cot

HTH

Ian
antispam applied

Old July 5th 05, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jo :o\)

MMMMmmm I've already got the tomy bed guard, but it only fits a normal
single bed width, and the beds in the caravan are narrower than that, which
is a pain!!and unfortunately there is no space for a travel cot ( never
mind! Just thought there may be something I was missing.

thanks for helping

Jo)

Old July 5th 05, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Anne

Get yoursels 2 pieces of hardboard cut to the same size as the bed. hinge
them so they can either fold flat of form a right angle. slip one side under
the bed so as the other side stands up. You'll need to fix a couple of
wooden blocks to the van walls to support the upright. I used this home made
bed guard with both of my kids in a trailer tent.
Anne