Caravan Covers

Old July 4th 05, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Debbie

Default Caravan Covers

Hi
Hoping for some advice about caravan covers. We want to buy a cover for
Autumn and Winter use as our caravan stands directly under a large sycamore
tree. From the research we've done so far it seems there are breathable
water resistant covers eg. Towsure catalogue and breathable waterproof ones
which are more expensive. Which is recommended ?- We don't want to spend
more than we need but don't want an inferior cover that causes damp. Would
the Towsure one do the job???
Debbie and Stuart

Old July 5th 05, 04:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lawrence

www.caravan-covers.co.uk

I bought one from these people . very pleased with it and its breathable

Old July 5th 05, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Lawrence" wrote in message
www.caravan-covers.co.uk

I bought one from these people . very pleased with it and its breathable

We have one too, it works beautifully and it's made to measure.

If you have climbing cats though, beware, these covers are like a magnet to
some. Ours is shredded up the corners and ripped on the roof from a
scratching cat :-(

Mary

Old July 5th 05, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Holmes

"Debbie" wrote in message
Hi
Hoping for some advice about caravan covers. We want to buy a cover for
Autumn and Winter use as our caravan stands directly under a large
sycamore tree. From the research we've done so far it seems there are
breathable water resistant covers eg. Towsure catalogue and breathable
waterproof ones which are more expensive. Which is recommended ?- We don't
want to spend more than we need but don't want an inferior cover that
causes damp. Would the Towsure one do the job???

I've had the same problem, and I did consider one of the breathable covers,
but, I came to the conclusion that the deposit from the tree will rapidly
clog the 'breathable' bits of the cover and stop it 'breathing'.

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Old July 5th 05, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:42:32 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

| "Alan Holmes" wrote in message
|
| "Debbie" wrote in message
| Hi
| Hoping for some advice about caravan covers. We want to buy a cover for
| Autumn and Winter use as our caravan stands directly under a large
| sycamore tree. From the research we've done so far it seems there are
| breathable water resistant covers eg. Towsure catalogue and breathable
| waterproof ones which are more expensive. Which is recommended ?- We
| don't want to spend more than we need but don't want an inferior cover
| that causes damp. Would the Towsure one do the job???
|
| I've had the same problem, and I did consider one of the breathable
| covers,
| but, I came to the conclusion that the deposit from the tree will rapidly
| clog the 'breathable' bits of the cover and stop it 'breathing'.
|
| It doesn't.

More accurately it will only clog *some* of the breathable bits, the rest
will continue working.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk http://www.webshots.com
Thousands of wonderful professional photos for your Wallpaper and