Over hot cooker

Old July 5th 05, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Kevin Murphy

Default Over hot cooker

On our last trip out we noticed that after using our fitted gas oven in our
2003 Ace Jubilee we found on the interior wall behind where the cooker lid
rests that the lining covering on the wall had all bubbled up.
I am presuming that the heat from the oven / gas rings had caused this.
I thought that the glass hob cover which prevents the cooker from working
when the lid is down would prevent/protect this from happening.

I am thinking that I can claim on the warranty to have this repaired.
Anyone know why this has happened.?
We have used it many times before with no problems.

Old July 5th 05, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"kevin murphy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I am thinking that I can claim on the warranty to have this repaired.
Anyone know why this has happened.?
We have used it many times before with no problems.

What do the instructions say about the top cover when useing the oven, up or
down? Was it in the instructed possition?

If you were useing it correctly I would make a claim, a fuss, the next time
used might be a fire!

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 5th 05, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Kevin Murphy

The instructions say that the glass hob has to be in the upright position
before the cooker will light. Which it was.

I will give it a go on the warranty.

Old July 5th 05, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mathew J. Newton

"David" wrote in message

"kevin murphy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I am thinking that I can claim on the warranty to have this repaired.
Anyone know why this has happened.?
We have used it many times before with no problems.

What do the instructions say about the top cover when useing the oven, up
or
down? Was it in the instructed possition?

If you were useing it correctly I would make a claim, a fuss, the next
time
used might be a fire!

Please reply to News Group.

I'd also insist that they provide the necessary assurances that
whatever replacement they provide will not be prone to the same effect.
It is, after all, yours and your family's lives that are of concern and
not the aesthetics of your wall lining!

Mathew