Eco ground sheets

Old July 5th 05, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gwen

Default Eco ground sheets

We caravan all year round and use the awning at least 75% of the time.

A lot of land owners do not want the conventional ground sheets put
down and that is perfectly understandable, we would not for one moment
find that a contentious issue. But as most are now requesting and
happy for the inviro friendly ground sheets to be used, we would like
to purchase one, but they seem very expensive.

Could any one advice us of a reasonably priced supplier and has any one
used an eco ground sheet?

Are they durable, as it would be used during the winter months where
required?

What are the pros and cons of using one?

Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gwen

Old July 5th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Gwen" wrote in message
oups.com...
We caravan all year round and use the awning at least 75% of the time.

A lot of land owners do not want the conventional ground sheets put
down and that is perfectly understandable, we would not for one moment
find that a contentious issue. But as most are now requesting and
happy for the inviro friendly ground sheets to be used, we would like
to purchase one, but they seem very expensive.

Could any one advice us of a reasonably priced supplier and has any one
used an eco ground sheet?

Are they durable, as it would be used during the winter months where
required?

What are the pros and cons of using one?

Buy off the roll and shop around some dealers seem to charge twice the price
of others.

They are no good when the ground is wet, the holes seem to work like a
sponge, we put a decorators sheet under ours, 2 for a 1 at the pound shop.,
do not tell anyone I do it.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 5th 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gwen

Thanks David

I did look in a few caravan shops around our way and camping
international, but none had it on a roll, are there any online sites
you could recommend please?

regards

Gwen

Old July 5th 05, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Gwen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks David

I did look in a few caravan shops around our way and camping
international, but none had it on a roll, are there any online sites
you could recommend please?

www.towsure.com

Cut to length, 2.5mtr wide 9.50 per mtr.
But that sounds more than I paid, I think it was from Catterick Caravans, if
not the dealer 1000ft away from them.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 5th 05, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BOTTLE

"Gwen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks David

I did look in a few caravan shops around our way and camping
international, but none had it on a roll, are there any online sites
you could recommend please?

regards

Gwen

UBC caravans Sandy Lane Gosforth, they do have a web site but I cant find it
at the min. They also do a postal service

Old July 5th 05, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On 5 Jul 2005 07:17:28 -0700, "Gwen" wrote:

We caravan all year round and use the awning at least 75% of the time.

A lot of land owners do not want the conventional ground sheets put
down and that is perfectly understandable, we would not for one moment
find that a contentious issue. But as most are now requesting and
happy for the inviro friendly ground sheets to be used, we would like
to purchase one, but they seem very expensive.

Could any one advice us of a reasonably priced supplier and has any one
used an eco ground sheet?

Virtually all caravan dealers, who have an awning department now sell
the stuff from a roll. It's much cheaper that way.

Are they durable, as it would be used during the winter months where
required?

They seem to be quite durable more so in some ways when compared to
the old solid plastic sheets. If the ground is grassy then they seem
to be fine most of the year. However if the ground undernaeth is
muddy, or if the ground is sloping and the water from the outside is
likely to run underneath the awning then they are a poor option. The
mud and the water simply find their way through onto the top surface.

What are the pros and cons of using one?

Pros, they leave the grass in a good state, I used mine for a
fortnight in June on grass and whilst the grass was not as green as
the surrounding area after we had taken it up it was a lot greener
than the part that was under the waste water tank, or the skirts of
the awning.
They are very pleasant to walk on,
Most of the muck that gets brought in on feet just disappears through
the mesh onto the grass undernaeth.

Cons. They are a bit more bulky and a lot more expensive to buy.
They are more difficult to clean if they get muddy.

Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

I wouldn't be happy using the old grey sheet nowadays unless I was on
a muddy pitch.

(remove the spam to reply)