route to spain, Toulouse or Millau?

Old July 5th 05, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mvecd

Default route to spain, Toulouse or Millau?

Which is the best way (easiest) route to Spain?
via Toulouse or via Millau?

I've done Millau (before the bridge at millau was open) many times, but
never Toulouse, and its quite hilly. Is the Toulouse route more flat?

Mark

Old July 6th 05, 12:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

I can't answer your question directly, but I have done the route via
Milau approx. fifteen times per year, before/after bridge, and I have
to say it is so much quicker since the bridge has been opened. Its a
great route down and extremely scenic.

It would be my choice, but is probably not the most efficient way as
you're doing two sides of a triangle!

Old July 6th 05, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

I've done Millau (before the bridge at millau was open) many times, but
never Toulouse, and its quite hilly. Is the Toulouse route more flat?

There's another route, past Bordeaux/Biarritz on the Atlantic coast. I've
taken that to Madrid before and it was a good drive, especially if you cross
the channel at St Malo, although you can also go via Le Mans from the Calais
crossings. Not as spectacular as the mountains, which we took on the way
back (to cross Andorra off the list!), but nice fast roads (many of them
untolled) and no traffic.

Christian.