advice wanted

Old July 6th 05, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ecky-h

Default advice wanted

I have an eletrolux caravan fridge fitted in my van, have only used it on
gas so far.........I need to know about the two switches on the left
side......One has a battery symbol, the other a mains symbol....the switches
are marked with 'I' on the top and an '0' at the bottom...what do these
signify? Does the '0' represent off or on.? and what is the 'I'. My natural
reaction would be to push a switch down to switch on anything.

Ecky.

Old July 6th 05, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

ecky-h wrote:
I have an eletrolux caravan fridge fitted in my van, have only used it on
gas so far.........I need to know about the two switches on the left
side......One has a battery symbol, the other a mains symbol....the switches
are marked with 'I' on the top and an '0' at the bottom...what do these
signify? Does the '0' represent off or on.? and what is the 'I'. My natural
reaction would be to push a switch down to switch on anything.

Ecky.

'O' is off
'I' is on

It's current practice on most marked switches these days.

Old July 6th 05, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

"Dougal" DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk wrote in message
ecky-h wrote:
I have an eletrolux caravan fridge fitted in my van, have only used it

on
gas so far.........I need to know about the two switches on the left
side......One has a battery symbol, the other a mains symbol....the

switches
are marked with 'I' on the top and an '0' at the bottom...what do these
signify? Does the '0' represent off or on.? and what is the 'I'. My

natural
reaction would be to push a switch down to switch on anything.

Ecky.

'O' is off
'I' is on

It's current practice on most marked switches these days.

The battery symbol is for when running from the 12S plug and socket, and has
nothing to do with the battery in the unit.

The plug symbol is the mains, as you suggest.

There is almost no chance that you would have the mains connected and the
car connected with the engine running, so the 12V one can really be left in
the on position so you don't forget when you hitch up.

However, if you are in the habit of connecting the mains to the unit while
the engine is still running, ignore the above!!

Cheers