Norway/Sweden

Old July 7th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rob Ormsby

Default Norway/Sweden

Can anyone give me advice on travelling to Norway and on to Sweden. We have
been thinking of taking the ferry from Newcastle to Kristiansand.
Can anyone recommend any sites? An area to visit?

Thanks

Old July 8th 05, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

It is all magnificent, go as far north as you can; if possible sail to
Bergen and go north from there. Sites are more basic than in this country,
you can camp "wild" if you wish.
Sweden has somewhat better sites and again the most picturesque parts are
further north - in summer it is plagues with mosquitoes, real big ones.

Old July 8th 05, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Stewart" wrote in message
It is all magnificent, go as far north as you can; if possible sail to
Bergen and go north from there. Sites are more basic than in this
country,
you can camp "wild" if you wish.
Sweden has somewhat better sites and again the most picturesque parts are
further north - in summer it is plagues with mosquitoes, real big ones.

"Rob Ormsby" wrote in message

Those Mossies cant be any worse than the Midges we encountered in the
Yorkshire Dales Last weekend.

During early April we travelled from Newcastle to Gothenburg and then on to
Skovde for a few days , basically reconnoitring.

We found

1 ) Spring came a lot later

2 ) Camp sites didn't open until late May / June

3 ) Roads Easy , last time I drove for any time on the wrong side of the
road was over 45 years ago.

4 ) R**THER B***DY EXPENSIVE , Small glass of wine and small beer 10 , we
don't touch Mickey D's with a BARGEPOLE at any time but big mac , fries and
a coffee in the Skovde Mac donalds was again nearly a tenner.

Would we do it again , MOST DEFINITELY ,.with a tent next time perhaps.

Wife did the twitching I did the itching .

Now where's those White Tailed Eagles.

DieSea

Old July 8th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Stewart" wrote in message
It is all magnificent, go as far north as you can; if possible sail to
Bergen and go north from there. Sites are more basic than in this
country,
you can camp "wild" if you wish.
Sweden has somewhat better sites and again the most picturesque parts are
further north - in summer it is plagues with mosquitoes, real big ones.

Someone told us that Iceland was plagued with mosquitoes.

We went in 1997 and 2000 s in midsummer and never saw one.

Perhaps they're very local.

Mary

Old July 8th 05, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Stewart" wrote in message
It is all magnificent, go as far north as you can; if possible sail to
Bergen and go north from there. Sites are more basic than in this
country,
you can camp "wild" if you wish.
Sweden has somewhat better sites and again the most picturesque parts are
further north - in summer it is plagues with mosquitoes, real big ones.

Someone told us that Iceland was plagued with mosquitoes.

We went in 1997 and 2000 s in midsummer and never saw one.

Perhaps they're very local.

Mary

Mary

Like me , those BUGS know they're place .

They nor I wouldn't dare to come within 1000 yds of you.

We would cease to exist.

DieSea

PS

Those mantles doing ok ??