Powrtouch Mover

Old July 7th 05, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rona

Default Powrtouch Mover

We have recently bought a powrtouch mover and use a car battery to power
it -seperate from the leisure battery.
It keeps cutting out when we try to use it -any suggestions as to the cause
and solution?
Thanks
Grace

Old July 7th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

"Rona" wrote in message
We have recently bought a powrtouch mover and use a car battery to power
it -seperate from the leisure battery.
It keeps cutting out when we try to use it -any suggestions as to the

cause
and solution?
Thanks
Grace

The car battery, change it for a leisure battery.

Cheers

Old July 7th 05, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Or better still a semi Traction battery.

All the best, Peter.

Old July 8th 05, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

Does it cut out just when using it at home, or every where you use it? You
could try connecting the "hard wire", remembering to remove the batteries
from the remote, and see if it still cuts out. If it works OK then , then
you may have some electrical interferance affecting the signal between the
remote and the control box. Mine works perfectly when away from home, but is
intermitent when using it in our back yard, connect the "hard wire" & no
problem.
Tankie

Old July 8th 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

"Rona" wrote in message
We have recently bought a powrtouch mover and use a car battery to power
it -seperate from the leisure battery.
It keeps cutting out when we try to use it -any suggestions as to the
cause
and solution?
Thanks
Grace

Sounds like low voltage cutting out the relays.
Our "Mover" recommends the use of a minimum 90 amp/hr battery. We tried it
with our old 75 amp/hr battery and got exactly the same symptoms as you.
Bought a new 110 amp/hr battery and it works fine with no cutting out.
Why use a separate battery when you have already got one on your 'van?

Graham

Old July 10th 05, 06:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Diane Epps

"GrahamW" wrote in message

"Rona" wrote in message
We have recently bought a powrtouch mover and use a car battery to power
it -seperate from the leisure battery.
It keeps cutting out when we try to use it -any suggestions as to the
cause
and solution?

Excuse my ignorance but what is a semi traction battery?