Suggestions for getting away from it all

Old July 8th 05, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

Default Suggestions for getting away from it all

I should have my 'van next week or the week after. Is there anywhere
you can take a caravan for a week or two, right off the beaten track -
not on a site - such as commons, or Scottish beaches, or the like,
without fear of being asked to leave?

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone
Old July 8th 05, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Thomson

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
I should have my 'van next week or the week after. Is there anywhere
you can take a caravan for a week or two, right off the beaten track -
not on a site - such as commons, or Scottish beaches, or the like,
without fear of being asked to leave?

Sheildaig in Wester Ross Scotland is not a caravan site as such but its not
free pitching either, it is off the beaten and well worth a visit, Check out
the phototgraphs of the site at :

http://www.caravantouring.co.uk

Alex

Old July 8th 05, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:31:49 +0100, "Alex Thomson"
wrote:

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
.. .
I should have my 'van next week or the week after. Is there anywhere
you can take a caravan for a week or two, right off the beaten track -
not on a site - such as commons, or Scottish beaches, or the like,
without fear of being asked to leave?

Sheildaig in Wester Ross Scotland is not a caravan site as such but its not
free pitching either, it is off the beaten and well worth a visit, Check out
the phototgraphs of the site at :

http://www.caravantouring.co.uk

Alex

Looks rather good! Very tempting.

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

Old July 8th 05, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Alex Thomson wrote:

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message

I should have my 'van next week or the week after. Is there anywhere
you can take a caravan for a week or two, right off the beaten track -
not on a site - such as commons, or Scottish beaches, or the like,
without fear of being asked to leave?

Sheildaig in Wester Ross Scotland is not a caravan site as such but its not
free pitching either, it is off the beaten and well worth a visit, Check out
the phototgraphs of the site at :

http://www.caravantouring.co.uk

Alex

Or go a few miles further north to Annat NG 895546)where you can sit on
the 'beach'. It's open and quiet but not in the wilderness. There's an
'honesty' box.

There's another spot round the corner at Inveralligin (NG 840575). Much
less open, beside a stream. Can be very midgey if the weather conditions
are wrong. 'Honesty' box again.

I'm afraid that my favourite spot, which fits your description exactly,
will have to remain a secret. Sorry!

Old July 8th 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Alex Thomson" wrote in message

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
I should have my 'van next week or the week after. Is there anywhere
you can take a caravan for a week or two, right off the beaten track -
not on a site - such as commons, or Scottish beaches, or the like,
without fear of being asked to leave?

Sheildaig in Wester Ross Scotland is not a caravan site as such but its
not free pitching either, it is off the beaten and well worth a visit,
Check out the phototgraphs of the site at :

http://www.caravantouring.co.uk

Ohh ... drool ...

Mary

Alex

Old July 8th 05, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:12:35 +0100, Paul Rooney wrote:

| I should have my 'van next week or the week after. Is there anywhere
| you can take a caravan for a week or two, right off the beaten track -
| not on a site - such as commons, or Scottish beaches, or the like,
| without fear of being asked to leave?

Standard reply do a weekend near home so that you can go back for whatever
you forgot. Rewrite the list for the new van.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk http://www.webshots.com
Thousands of wonderful professional photos for your Wallpaper and