Please read

Old July 9th 05, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

Default Please read

This was forwarded to me: I think it's a really good idea, especially given
Thursdays events
East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of
Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon
Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.

The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book,
and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted
"In Case of Emergency". In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital
staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be
able to contact them.

It's so simple - everyone can do it. Please do. Please will you also forward
this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many forwards'
before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life.
John

Old July 9th 05, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 09:00:12 GMT, "JB" wrote:

[...]

What a good idea, especially if it takes off.

Old July 9th 05, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 09:00:12 GMT, "JB" wrote:

| This was forwarded to me: I think it's a really good idea, especially given
| Thursdays events
| East Anglian Ambulance Service have launched a national "In case of
| Emergency (ICE)" campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon
| Weston and in association with Vodafone's annual life savers award.
|
| The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book,
| and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted
| "In Case of Emergency". In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital
| staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be
| able to contact them.
|
| It's so simple - everyone can do it. Please do. Please will you also forward
| this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many forwards'
| before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life.

Excellent idea, I will make up a sig file describing it.
As I would like a choice, mine will have to be
Ice1 home
ice2 June
ice3 clare

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk In Case of Emergency
Store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and
against it enter the number of the person you would want to be
contacted "In Case of Emergency". Please crib this sig.
Old July 9th 05, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 9th 05, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

Unfortunately ICE already stands for Institution of Civil Engineers; for
example I am an FICE

Old July 9th 05, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 14:22:49 +0100, "Stewart"
wrote:

Unfortunately ICE already stands for Institution of Civil Engineers;

Not in my phonebook it doesnt!

Old July 9th 05, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

| Unfortunately ICE already stands for Institution of Civil Engineers; for
| example I am an FICE
|

| "JB" wrote in message
|
| The idea is that you store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address
| book,
| and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be
| contacted
| "In Case of Emergency". In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital

It also stands for frozen water.
Clashing acronyms are a fact of life, there are not enough to go round in
this acronym mad age.

--
contacted "In Case of Emergency". http://tinyurl.com/79lz9