Interior Wood Panel Repair

Old July 9th 05, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Springtime

Default Interior Wood Panel Repair

The side panel of one of the seat/bed boxes is damaged & would be greatly
improved if it were replaced.
The material looks like either a plywood or chipboard faced with a plastic
film type of thing that looks like wood - colour I would say is something
like light ash.
Does anybody know of a supplier to the caravan / motor caravan industry
where I could get a piece of this board.
It would be a comparatively simple project to make a new part - all I need
is the same type of board.

SH

Old July 9th 05, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Big Mc

The material looks like either a plywood or chipboard faced with a plastic
film type of thing that looks like wood - colour I would say is something
like light ash.

try your local undertaker I got some for my caravan bathroom door from mine.
and it was reasonably priced too.

I was so tempted to say dead cheap. LOL

Old July 9th 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Hilary

"Big Mc" wrote in message
I was so tempted to say dead cheap. LOL

) lol

Thanks for that tip -we could do with some spare "wood" too. I would never
have thought to ask the undertaker, but of course a lot of the coffins are
probably made with similar stuff.

How did you approach them - call into the office??

Old July 9th 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
CampinGazz

"Hilary" wrote in message

"Big Mc" wrote in message
I was so tempted to say dead cheap. LOL

) lol

Thanks for that tip -we could do with some spare "wood" too. I would

never
have thought to ask the undertaker, but of course a lot of the coffins are
probably made with similar stuff.

if the undertaker can't help,

then o'leary's or magnum motorhomes stock the wood your after... it's a ply
with a veneered face, sticky back plastic really

they are round hull way (magnums in grimsby) if that's too far, then ask at
a caravan shop, they should know a place that stocks the wood,
even better if you can find a place that does repairs, especialy accident
repairs, as they'll deffinately be able to get hold of the correct shade of
wood for you.