Avondale Osprey query please!

Old July 10th 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Default Avondale Osprey query please!

Hi Folks
We are wanting a new van and really like the Osprey but unsure about the
legal length for towing.
The `Towsure matching` quote our dealer gave us had a proviso at the
bottom saying that`It is illegal to tow any caravan above 7m long not
including the draw bar (?) unless you are using a tow vehicle above
3500kg` now our car is about half this and the van will be about 91% of
the cars weight. The brochure quotes the length of the Osprey as 7.08m
but not sure if this includes the draw bar. I assume `draw bar` means
from the front locker to the tow bar?. So not sure if I can tow it or
not.Any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Steve