If you're fortunate to be crossing the water soon ...

Old July 11th 05, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Rawbone

Default If you're fortunate to be crossing the water soon ...

A quick tip for anyone who doesn't already know it:

Assuming you plug into the mains, if you have one, take a large desk (or floor mounted)
electric fan. It's quieter than the blown heating one and considerably helped us in
Aix-les Bains etc last week where the daytime temperature was 35C+ and only a few degrees
lower after 10.00pm

Have a great time

Peter
Old July 11th 05, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Peter Rawbone" wrote in message

A quick tip for anyone who doesn't already know it:

Assuming you plug into the mains, if you have one, take a large desk (or
floor mounted) electric fan. It's quieter than the blown heating one and
considerably helped us in Aix-les Bains etc last week where the daytime
temperature was 35C+ and only a few degrees lower after 10.00pm

Have a great time

I heard that France is suffering its worst drought on record. Any
information?

Mary

Old July 11th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
What

Mary Fisher wrote:
I heard that France is suffering its worst drought on record. Any
information?
Mary

Assuming you won't want to run a garden sprinkler or hose your garden there
are no out of the ordinary water problems here in the Vendee but certainly
care in water usage is required as everywhere.

What

Old July 11th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

We remarked that the river Aisne is very much lower than usual. Ground was
very dry and cracked - good way to dispose of waste water, my wife poured a
pail full of semi-clean water into a crack and it disappeared so I tried a
full wastemaster and it all went into the crack in the ground with no
surface spillage at all

. net...

Old July 11th 05, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Spanner

We are of to the Vendee tomorrow night, Aizenay just outside La Roche Sur
Yon. Will I need a jack hammer to drive awning pegs in like I did 2 years
ago?

"Paul Saunders" wrote in message
Thanks for that tip Peter, We're off to Annecy on Friday - just up the
road from Aix-Les-Bains. It does get hot down there, so I'll dig my fan
out right now.
Cheers.

Old July 11th 05, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
La Croix Joreau

Maybe in other areas of France Mary, but here in the Loire Valley our
grass is still green due to the occasional rain, and we do water the
garden from our well every other night