Speed Cameras II - coming here soon!

Old August 11th 03, 05:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

Default Speed Cameras II - coming here soon!

If you happen to be in Norfolk travelling along the A11, the Inquisition,
hides its mobile cameras in a number of vehicles including police cars with
darkened windows and more effectively small vans which look like motorway
repair vehicles parked (Illegally?) under bridges, on slip roads and the
hard shoulder itself often with the rear doors left open.

What is the point in placing speed cameras, other than to raise revenue, on
the safest roads in the county when the vast majority of accidents occur in
built up areas?

Old August 11th 03, 07:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:15:32 +0100, "bowtiejim"
wrote:

| If you happen to be in Norfolk travelling along the A11, the Inquisition,
| hides its mobile cameras in a number of vehicles including police cars with
| darkened windows and more effectively small vans which look like motorway
| repair vehicles parked (Illegally?) under bridges, on slip roads and the
| hard shoulder itself often with the rear doors left open.
|
| What is the point in placing speed cameras, other than to raise revenue, on
| the safest roads in the county when the vast majority of accidents occur in
| built up areas?

Saw one of those on Canal Rd Bradford (ordinary urban main road).
Identifiable by the generator running at the back and two police
motorcyclists 12 mile down the road.

I now stick to speed limits religiously.

Dave Fawthrop Butane v Propane.
Butane gives about 15% more cups of tea per bottle. Butane gives
about 5% more cups of tea per GBP. Propane works in winter near
freezing point. All UK Propane bottles have the same fitting.

Old August 11th 03, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

bowtiejim wrote:
snip
Inquisition,

snip

^^^^^^^^^^ nice terminology ;o)

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

http://wrexhamseals.tripod.com

Old August 11th 03, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:52:15 +0100, "John Moorhouse"
wrote:

| I now stick to speed limits religiously.
|
| so they work !

Yes
Brick walls and heads spring to mind.

Dave F

Old August 11th 03, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
Saw one of those on Canal Rd Bradford (ordinary urban main road).
Identifiable by the generator running at the back

oh come on you people, imagine the police van is parked on your fave camp
site and do what you'd normaly do in those conditions.. i.e sneak over
undiscovered and pour a kilo of sugar in the generators fuel tank.. that'll
soon stop em )

Old August 11th 03, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T P

"bowtiejim" wrote:

What is the point in placing speed cameras, other than to raise revenue, on
the safest roads in the county when the vast majority of accidents occur in
built up areas?

What is the point of exceeding the speed limit?

Why is 70 mph not fast enough for you?

Old August 11th 03, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

T P wrote:
"bowtiejim" wrote:

What is the point in placing speed cameras, other than to

raise
revenue, on the safest roads in the county when the vast

majority of
accidents occur in built up areas?

What is the point of exceeding the speed limit?

Why is 70 mph not fast enough for you?

no not on good empty A roads it is'nt

Old August 11th 03, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

"T P" wrote in message
news
"bowtiejim" wrote:

What is the point in placing speed cameras, other than to raise revenue,

on
the safest roads in the county when the vast majority of accidents occur

in
built up areas?

What is the point of exceeding the speed limit?

Why is 70 mph not fast enough for you?

TP is jimping to the same conclusions as our local Chief Inquisitor.

No limit is OK in Germany; 130kph is OK in France;120 OK in Holland and
Belgium and 110kph in Australia, but it the latter which has the most
draconian enforcement and the worst accident record.

Old August 11th 03, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
LunnBelleyetere

Why is 70 mph not fast enough for you?

Not when you have had to sit behind a car holding up all the traffic for mile
after mile because he or more often then not a she can not drive to the speed
limit or do not know that 60 means you can do 60, not that 60 means you have to
do 40.

When a large amount of driving is part of your job you will understand.