Motorway stops in Germany?

Old July 12th 05, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Brook

Default Motorway stops in Germany?

Travelling to the Black Forest in a couple of weeks. We could do with
a 3-4 hour rest in van between 2-6am. Can you pull up at service
stations, and are they safeish in Germany? - Theres 6 of us so a good
reception would be the order of the day - if any of us were awake!
Thanks
dave
Old July 12th 05, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

"Dave Brook" wrote in message
Travelling to the Black Forest in a couple of weeks. We could do with
a 3-4 hour rest in van between 2-6am. Can you pull up at service
stations, and are they safeish in Germany? - Theres 6 of us so a good
reception would be the order of the day - if any of us were awake!
Thanks
dave

We drive to Cologne twice a year, but we always stop in the laybys so can't
say about the service stations. The laybys we've found our more like picnic
areas with benches and toilets and all quite clean.

Andrew.

Old July 12th 05, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Morris

"Andrew" wrote

Travelling to the Black Forest in a couple of weeks. We could do with
a 3-4 hour rest in van between 2-6am. Can you pull up at service
stations, and are they safeish in Germany?

We drive to Cologne twice a year, but we always stop in the laybys so

can't say about the service stations. The laybys we've found our more like
picnic
areas with benches and toilets and all quite clean.

I've been to Germany 3 times in the last 13 months. Stopping in their
'laybys' is recommended, but don't setup anything outside the vehicles.

I've used them on every trip without any problems and I've been on my own
for these trips.

Alan Morris.

Old July 13th 05, 12:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

"Dave Brook" wrote in message
Travelling to the Black Forest in a couple of weeks. We could do with
a 3-4 hour rest in van between 2-6am. Can you pull up at service
stations, and are they safeish in Germany? - Theres 6 of us so a good
reception would be the order of the day - if any of us were awake!

When i took my last van to the black forest (titesee) i made a little detour
to luxembourg, filled up with diesel at 37p a litre, toped the gas tank up
for a couple of euro's, and spent the night on a proper camp site for next
to nothing as well.