Windows - scratches

Old July 14th 05, 06:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bradbury

Default Windows - scratches

On our hols this year we had to take (minor) evasive action on a narrow
road owing to a tractor coming the other way.
A result of this was that the nearside brushed against the hedge and now
we have three parallel lines down all three of the nearside acrylic (?)
windows.

Apart from replacing three windows can anyone suggest what I can do to
repair this damage?

--
John Bradbury
Old July 14th 05, 07:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"John Bradbury" wrote in message
On our hols this year we had to take (minor) evasive action on a narrow
road owing to a tractor coming the other way.
A result of this was that the nearside brushed against the hedge and now
we have three parallel lines down all three of the nearside acrylic (?)
windows.

Apart from replacing three windows can anyone suggest what I can do to
repair this damage?

T-cut or brasso or some other very fine abrasive polishing liquid. It'll
take a while though.

Rgds

Andy R

Old July 14th 05, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"John Bradbury" wrote in message
On our hols this year we had to take (minor) evasive action on a narrow
road owing to a tractor coming the other way.
A result of this was that the nearside brushed against the hedge and now
we have three parallel lines down all three of the nearside acrylic (?)
windows.

Apart from replacing three windows can anyone suggest what I can do to
repair this damage?

I've known TV repair shops use some form of mild adbrasive to remove
scratches in TV screens.
There are also products to remove scratches in car paint work.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 14th 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

I bought a powered bonnet polisher (about 20 from car accessory shop) and
then used tooth-paste as a cutting agent; T-cut or Brasso would also do.
Applied the toothpaste with a little water and then just worked at it.
Takes a while but does take out the scratches, the cuts in my windows were
deep enough hold a finger nail tip.

Old July 14th 05, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

There should be available (possibly at your local caravan dealer's shop)
some clear paint on material which will fill the scratches without causing
vision problems. As a final finisher polish the repair with cigarette ash or
a similar material (jewellers/opticians polish?).

All the best, Peter.

Old July 15th 05, 04:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Abbey Spectrum

Duraglit metal polish wadding takes out scratches perfectly.