French PAYG Sim Cards

Old July 14th 05, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

Default French PAYG Sim Cards

Can anyone recommend a value for money pay-as-you-go sim card for use
in my wife & I's phones in France for the next month ?
Old July 15th 05, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ALun Jenkins

Nigel Crompton wrote:
Can anyone recommend a value for money pay-as-you-go sim card for use
in my wife & I's phones in France for the next month ?

I have the orange ones
But note you will need proof of ID and address and it takes a while
to enable international calls (back to the UK)
Most carrefour sell them

Old July 16th 05, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ben Franklin

"Nigel Crompton" nigel&[email protected] wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a value for money pay-as-you-go sim card for use
in my wife & I's phones in France for the next month ?

I have an SFR 'phone and would recommend them for coverage. Orange is
patchy, and my Orange 'phone was useless so I moved to SFR. A sim card will
cost you 30 Euros and includes 5 Euros worth of calls. If you intend to
make a lot of calls then top it up with a 35 Euros top up as SFR will give
you an extra 20%.

Yes, you will need your passport to buy a sim card.

Old July 17th 05, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
alun

Ben Franklin wrote:
"Nigel Crompton" nigel&[email protected] wrote in message

patchy, and my Orange 'phone was useless so I moved to SFR. A sim
card will
cost you 30 Euros and includes 5 Euros worth of calls. If you intend to
make a lot of calls then top it up with a 35 Euros top up as SFR will give
you an extra 20%.

Yes, you will need your passport to buy a sim card.

How long do the SFR credits last. Orange depend on amount
Also the sim becomes usless after another period.
e.g. 10 euro topup. Valid for 2 weeks (i think) and number valid for 6
Months

Old July 17th 05, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ben Franklin

"alun" wrote in message
Ben Franklin wrote:
"Nigel Crompton" nigel&[email protected] wrote in message

patchy, and my Orange 'phone was useless so I moved to SFR. A sim card
will
cost you 30 Euros and includes 5 Euros worth of calls. If you intend to
make a lot of calls then top it up with a 35 Euros top up as SFR will
give you an extra 20%.

Yes, you will need your passport to buy a sim card.

How long do the SFR credits last. Orange depend on amount
Also the sim becomes usless after another period.
e.g. 10 euro topup. Valid for 2 weeks (i think) and number valid for 6
Months

The top up is valid for 2 months ,and the sim card for 6 months if it isn't
used or topped up.