Caravanning in France

Old July 14th 05, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

Default Caravanning in France

My family and I are taking our new caravan over to Brittany at the end
of August for 2 weeks and I'm looking for some tips from experienced
European travellers. I have all the standard equipment for caravanning
in the UK but are there any essential items needed for caravanning in
Europe?

I've read some previous threads many months ago along theses lines and
recall mention of needing two red warning triangles, different hook-up
adaptors etc but I would welcome any further advice, or links to any
useful websites.

....Ludwig
Old July 15th 05, 05:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin McGowan

Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
My family and I are taking our new caravan over to Brittany at the end
of August for 2 weeks and I'm looking for some tips from experienced
European travellers. I have all the standard equipment for caravanning
in the UK but are there any essential items needed for caravanning in
Europe?

I've read some previous threads many months ago along theses lines and
recall mention of needing two red warning triangles, different hook-up
adaptors etc but I would welcome any further advice, or links to any
useful websites.

....Ludwig

a supply of corkscrews? seriously though, collect a sample of wines from
the supermarche. then test them, decide your preferences and buy the
stock to bring back. get a list of local markets from the reception at
the campsite, they are amazing, like our markets used to be.
on a serious note you need a supply of bulbs for your car and caravan.
Halfords can supply little boxes with the relevant bulbs in padding. but
most importantly enjoy your self. the most difficult times driving are
when you pull out of a small country lane onto a deserted main road. it
is very easy to drive on the wrong side. It may be worth putting a
little sticker on your windscreen saying drive on the right, or driver
to kerb or similar.
You may need an adapter for your electric hook up if you stay at small
French sites and a tester for polarity. The French electric system is
different to ours in that it doesn't matter to them which way round
"live and neutral" are as their switches are double pole. Ours are not
so it does matter. Have a great time. Martin McGowan

Old July 15th 05, 06:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 05:12:28 GMT, Martin McGowan
wrote:

| the most difficult times driving are
| when you pull out of a small country lane onto a deserted main road. it
| is very easy to drive on the wrong side.

*Amen to that* I almost killed myself with that mistake :-(

| It may be worth putting a
| little sticker on your windscreen saying drive on the right, or driver
| to kerb or similar.

June my navigator changes the instructions to
Turn right this side of the road.
or
Turn left other side of the road.

Then the opposite when we get back to the UK.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk In Case of Emergency
Store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and
Old July 15th 05, 06:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning