TV abroad

Old August 11th 03, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

Default TV abroad

"Mark B" wrote in message
I am in Holland at the moment with a UK TV on a site with cable hookup. I
can get a really good picture, but no sound apart from 'fuzz'. The site
owners can find no problem with the signal - I am clearly recieving it
because I get the pictures.

Is this a problem because I have a UK TV and it will not recieve the Dutch
signal or
maybe My TV is U/S?

I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has had these problems
before I buy another TV!!!

A lot of main land europe uses PAL B. UK uses PAL I. The frequency of the
sound is different.

When I moved to Germany I had the problem with my fairly new UK sony TV. A
local shop provided a little circuit I fitted which provided a different
clock frequency and the TV received both PAL I and B.

Since then most goods I have bought have been multi system so avoided
opening up.

So apart from the Euro, legal caravan widths, TV systems what else is the UK
out of step with compared to other bits of Europe?

Paul

Paul