Zig not charging?

Old July 15th 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff

Default Zig not charging?

I'm looking for the user manual or advice for the Zig E3 controller. (This
runs in conjunction with the Zig X7 Power and charging unit which I do have
a copy of if anyone needs.)
The main switch has three positions, Caravan; Off; Car. Which position
should it be in for charging the caravan battery from the mains?
I disconnected the battery and put a meter across the fly leads, and tried
each switch position but nothing came through in each case so I am wondering
either if it only works if it detects a load, or if it is broken! I know the
leads do run back to the controller ok, as the battery will just operate the
lights for a bit before fading. The battery seems to be dud, but it would be
helpful to have more idea about the charger situation at the same time as
replacing the battery.

Geoff